Anyone runnin lq9 with ss cam??

03ssclone

Just wondering if anyone is running there lq9 with a ss cam? When searching online I came across bd turnkey engines where if u buy a lq9 for a extra price they will put in a ss cam and tune it for you and will be makin 425hp, anyone runnin that just want to get some input, and info appreciated thanks here's the link http://bdturnkeyengines.com/60l-lq9-vs-lq4/

If you are mechanically inclined, you could get yourself way more bang for your buck and still make out on top. I run a cam similar to that, but my truck is SCSB. I wouldn't personally spend the coin on a crate motor unless I had to, but if it will cost you 4K with shipping and tuning that's not Terrible, especially if you have the supporting mods already

Edited by MrHorsepowerLSx (see edit history)

If you are mechanically inclined, you could get yourself way more bang for your buck and still make out on top. I run a cam similar to that, but my truck is SCSB. I wouldn't personally spend the coin on a crate motor unless I had to, but if it will cost you 4K with shipping and tuning that's not Terrible, especially if you have the supporting mods already

Lol I'm not actually going with them, just wondering about the ss cam makin that much hp with the lq9

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

My exact question lol. No way is a cam only lq9 making that power.

That's exactly wat I was thinking, don't sound right

Trick Flow 30602003 Cam - 228/230, .585 lift, 112 LSA

Trick Flow 21407400 Chromoly Pushrods - 7.4in x 5/16

Comp 26918-16 Valve Springs - 372lb/in, up to 8000 rpm

Installed & Tuned

Maybe that's why I'm guessing not sure just clicked on the 6.0 ss cam link from the website

That's kinda why I asked if you were mechanically inclined, and you could do your own swap, bc I think that is bs what they are stating, I am RWD and have a bigger cam then stated and more mods and just edged out over that rwhp number when I dyno'd my truck a few years ago. But they are basically stating that "their package" will add 80hp with just a cam, they don't mention that they got their results on a 2wd truck with LT's intake, full exhaust... I don't remember if they said converter but still, sounds like false advertising to me, but it is possible to achieve those results with a spot on tune and supporting mods, oh yeah and a light truck lol

Edited by MrHorsepowerLSx (see edit history)