SS Newbie

• 3 posts
  • Name:Bill
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Hey guys , I been here awhile mostly just reading what everybody does to there trucks , and this site always helps me out when I'm having problems , always find my answers pretty easy , so that being said thanks for all the help .here is my issue , I have an 03 SS with a Maggie ,2.9 pulley , after dropping a valve and screwing up one of the heads I changed to different heads a different cam , and bigger injectors , then I sent the PCM out to have it retuned , got it back and had issues with it surging when I go to stop and stalling , was told to drill a hole in the TB plate , took it to have a tune done the rite way figuring I don't wanna b drilling holes in the TB and I got it back and it still stalls and surges, think it actually runs worse now then when it was just a mail order tune , thanks in advance guys any help will b greatly appreciated

#2 chevyss05tx

chevyss05tx

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Welcome to the site. Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but i'm pretty sure someone will chime in.

sss2pic

05 Silverado SS 2WD

#3 SStorm

SStorm

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:13 AM

Not a mech so my word isnt gold, but i literally watched my mech today drill a hole in my TB blade with a WTF are you doing look on my face, fixed the surges though.... Not running a Maggies but i am f/i with cam, heads, blah blah blah... Hope this helps, worst case youll just need a new blade

#4 Krambo

Krambo

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

If it is surging, you tune needs work. Base running airflow, throttle cracker and follower tables (provided all other inputs are correct).  Drilling the throttle body is not the ideal way to address the issue when you can simply change some idle airflow numbers with a few clicks of a laptop.  I have successfully tuned pretty damn large cams with zero surging or sputter without drilling.

IF you absolutely need to drill (with like a sewer pipe of a cam), somewhere on here buried in one of my posts is a correlation table of a (drilled) hole size to idle airflow...may be a good reference for your tuner.

Posted Image
For pictures and Modification info --->My Garage link My sprayed 408 build --->Project Black Widow
10.86 @ 128 1.7 60ft - 200 shot

#5 zachm89

zachm89

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts
  • Color:Arrival Blue

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Come on Krambo, you're digging this one up from the grave. A 10 month old post around here is like a 10 year old post on a higher traffic forum :P

Regardless, good info from someone who knows what they're talking about so at least the next poor bastard who sees this thread will have something knowledgeable to read!

2BFAST: im a prick, so dont feel bad
zachm89: oh i dont. if Jon is going to play ITG every night then we have every right to put him back in his place....the kitchen... :P

Performance: D1sc Procharger, Lunati 227/233 .584/.584 113, ARH LT's, Borla XR-1, Zippy Tune, 80E, PATC 3600, HPM efans, Billet catch can (blue), MSD 8.5's, SLP 160* stat
Looks/Interior: McGaughy's 2" shackles, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit, 8k HID lows, 6k HID highs Viper 5901 remote start/alarm

SOLD

New PB as of 10-14-11: 11.70 @ 112 with a 1.72 60'

#6 Krambo

Krambo

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:39 PM

...I have been shamed! :blush:   LOL!  Yea, just noticed the posting dates.  Being that I only stop in from time to time, I feel compelled to at least say something.

Posted Image
For pictures and Modification info --->My Garage link My sprayed 408 build --->Project Black Widow
10.86 @ 128 1.7 60ft - 200 shot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users