Wanted GM 12498768 - OEM XM Satellite Radio Upgrade Kit

psualumni

GM 12498768

I know this part number has been discontinued from GM, just wondering if anyone bought the kit and then never bothered to install it. Thanks. Would love to add XM to my SSS with OEM parts.

Checked all the yards in my area with negative results. Found the XM tuner on eBay, but still need the wiring, my truck has the antenna already (onstar equipped).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ask and ye shall receive.... These dealers "show" they have. I always call make them PUT their hands on and inspect before you buy. a few years ago I bought a GM bed rug for the SS from a dealer two hours away (it was discounted). I called made sure they had. I drove up and the box was empty... man was I HOT. Moral of the story, on old pats make sure box is unopened or at least if opened all parts are there. It also doesn't hurt to ask for a discount... chances are it's an old obsolete part for them anyways and they will love to get it out of their inventory....

post-26852-0-43833300-1457968407_thumb.jpg

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

The saga for OEM XM form a donor truck continues. Successfully installed XM receiver and intergrated into my trucks wiring harness. Head unit does not recognize XM tuner when cycling through modes with BAND function on head unit. Took the truck to the stealership to have the head unit unlocked to recognise XM tuner, no possible because I don't have an authorization code the comes with OEM XM upgrade kit ( took hardware form donor truck instead). GM tech told me "off the record" that if I get the VIN and service code sticker information from the glove box of the donor truck he may be able to unlock my truck'a head unit. I'll be emailing and PMing novahaulick.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Did you find the harness, believe it is #88961323. I'm looking for the installation instructions. From what I've read you have to either move some wires or tap into wires on the radio harness. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The harness has been discontinued from GM. I found the only one left from a dealer in MA with ExGM's help. Keep an eye on ebay for the kit or get all the parts from a donor truck and a wiring diagram and DIY.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I got the wiring harness and figured it out, had the tuner box unlocked and it all works. The only problem I am having is mounting the oem antenna. The instructions came with a template on where to drill the holes but I can't find the instructions. I have tried two different magnetic after market antennas but the only one that seems to work is the oem antenna.