need a cam guru

ok thinking of going with bigger cam need advice here is what I have

2003 sss

4.10 awd

trans is stock with billet servo

no stall converter

it has cai e-fans shorty headers(I know) no cats mangnflow muffler,tune

ok I have a comp xr265hr 212/218 .522/.529 114lsa lunadi springs good for .660 I think and Harland sharp rollers

I have had so many people tell me I went way too small with cam choice. I would say im 75%happy with it makes decent power I do wish it had a little lope but power comes first. I drive the truck a lot and do pull boat every now and then which is what kept me from going bigger in the first place didn't really want stall with towing.

ok the question I was wondering would I gain enough to go with btr stage 2 or something similar keeping about same duration but going to like a .550 lift? I read zippys cam guide and its got me thinking I need bigger any input would be appreciated

That can you have is pretty good. A bit more lift would be nice. As stated above a stall would be good, but you tow. Why would you want to go bigger with the cam if you tow and don't want a stall? The cam you have now is already begging for a stall. Going bigger with the cam is two steps back.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

In my opinion. If you are looking for a cam with similar separation. And only a little more lift. Its not worth the money to swap. Will you gain power? Yeah a little. But i dont think its worth the 300-400 for a cam. I would do a small stall. And better headers. Or step up to a stall and get a cam thats something like 222/226 113 604/585 and make more power still have a good grunt. And be able to tow. :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk