New Tire? What's everyone running?

JC03SS

I've been looking at the General Grabber UHP in the OEM size or possibly a 305/50/20. Any thoughts?

I ran a set on my VHO in 275/55-20 and found them to be very bubbly in their look, not a square shape at the edges like the Nittos and Toyos, dry traction was only ok too, I remember not hooking very well. I removed them after about 1000 miles lol

Yeah it needs some. Think I will go toyo proxie 2. If I keep procrastinating maybe I'll keep it lol. Need to do a couple other things. Just had 3/4 of the truck repainted. Looks brand new now lol.

I'll bet it looks like a million bucks. How many miles has she got on her?

Got 110 on her now John. This has been the best truck I've ever owned. It hasn't had a lick of trouble with the front diff or trans. Been flawless. I think I'm gonna go with the Toyo Proxie 2's. Nothing but great reviews

I need a really good rain tire here, always raining. The Goodyears are crap. I can spin all 4 of these 305's too haha. I have read nothing but good reviews on them so that's gonna be my choice.

Check out the Kumho Ecsta STX. I love them and have had the same pair of shoes on for about 25-30k miles and 8 years and they still have good tread left... They ran well in the rain when it was my DD in North Carolina and the dry traction is awesome. Not sure on the snow as I have never driven in it since I moved back to MN in 2007... The only problem I have now is they are starting to weather check a little from sitting so much, but 8 years is plenty good I think... Plus they are very reasonable price wise...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

What ever you do dont get yokohama paradas. They hate the rain.

I am on my third set of Parada Spec X's on the SSS. One I drove hours in a downpour during a trip from OH to NJ and they performed very well.

I also drive it in winter and feel very secure driving it in all conditions...................

I was just told that Yokohamas are junk. My summer tire come off every year September till April. The wore like crazy. I spoke to a few tire guys and they said your lucky to get much mileage out of them.

No more Yokohamas for me.