New Tire? What's everyone running?

JC03SS

I am running Cooper Discoverer H/T+. Great road tread, and never had any problems in the rain. I rarely get the truck out in the snow, just for the nature of the truck being 2wd. But it doesn't do bad at that either, but I don't believe that is a problem for you in the sunshine state.

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

I used to run Nitto 420s but Nitto discontinued my tire size. Now I run Nitto 421Q these tires preform better than the 420s. the 421Q are a all season tire. Preform very well in the rain. here is a link http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt421q-premier-all-season-crossover-suv-tire/

I am running Cooper Discoverer H/T+. Great road tread, and never had any problems in the rain. I rarely get the truck out in the snow, just for the nature of the truck being 2wd. But it doesn't do bad at that either, but I don't believe that is a problem for you in the sunshine state.

Lol nope not way down where I am. But this rain is otta hand, rains a few times a week no matter what time of year. Sometimes every single day.

I'll take a look at all these and do a little research. Appreciate the suggestions.

^^^ had the same tires. I ran the 305 50 20's. They wore out fast.

Great tire but didn't last long in that size

I have been running mine for awhile, and had little wear. Maybe you need to lay off laying it behind when your pulling out LOL!

Toyo Proxes ST II's

Now I have never had the ST II's but I had the original ST's and they were amazing in the rain, snow and dry. And everything I have heard that if you like the ST's you will absolutely love the ST II's because they are just better in every way.

Toyo Proxes ST II's

Now I have never had the ST II's but I had the original ST's and they were amazing in the rain, snow and dry. And everything I have heard that if you like the ST's you will absolutely love the ST II's because they are just better in every way.

I'm with you on these in the rain. Right after I installed my ST II's I did a round trip from Houston to Austin and back (about 320 miles total) in a freaking massive downpour, torrential rains where people were wiping out all over the place going off into the medians, ditches, you name it. Crashes everywhere. Obviously I took it kind of easy in the weather but couldn't exactly slowpoke it, had to stay on schedule and get back in time too. They handled all that water really well other than the expected pulling around when I couldn't avoid big patches of standing water on the highway.

Dry traction is OK too but even a stock SS can blow these right off the wheels, so I don't think I could recommend them for any kind of racing action. They're not meant to be a super sticky tire. They are however a good tire for a heavy vehicle like our trucks. XL load rated (in the size I got anyway, dunno about all of them) and designed as a sport truck tire from the start.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Have to agree with the above on the Nitto 420s and Toyo Proxes ST2. On my previous trucks I always ran Nitto 420s on both my 20s and 22s. At that time in Cali it was actually raining. And you literally could see the water shooting out the sides and could hear the water hitting the wheel wells. I always had a solid experience with them.

On my new car now, my Charger, I'm currently running the Toyo Proxes ST2 on a 20" rim and find them to have excellent wet/dry traction. I took a cruise up to Julian, CA last summer and was caught in a down poor and was very surprised at how well they handled. No loss of traction etc. No hydroplaning. And this was through a severe thunderstorm.

The tires I was always disappointed with on my truck were the Goodyear LS2s. Even now on my DD car I have the RS-As and so far this winter, we have had a few storms surprisingly, and each time I have spun out making turns and accelerating from lights. I even took a run up to Mt. Wilson here in SoCal where it actually snows in my DD on the RS-As and was driving literally very safe around 15 mph in some light snow and lost the back end of the car and almost went off cliff lol.

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)

I'm running a set of Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season tires and I think they are great. Had these tires through all four seasons now and in the they really are a great balance of handing, wet , dry and snow traction. Couldn't tell you about long-term wear yet, but right now I'm so impressed that doesn't really matter to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot guys for all the input. Lots of research to do now. Appreciate all the help.. It's very wet here like I stated above a so they will have to work well in the water. Love my Terra Grappler G2's on my Denali but the SS is a sport truck so there a no go lol