Truck was stolen

detjoe

yes, it was almost stolen at target before...It was the 7 SS they stole from that parking lot.

I parked for work, saw the guys casing the area and my sspider sence was going crazy but I was running late for a meeting at my new job, so I just push thru my gut instinct.

came out after work and the truck was gone.

Anyone have tips for getting the best value from the insurance company?? they offered me 12K...but that is not enough.

Unfortunately you have a tough battle. Their job is to pay you the least amount possible. I would do some research and find similar trucks with close miles and print to show examples as to what they go for. I would look at auto trader and other online tools. The bad part is it's just an old pickup in their eyes......

Unfortunately you have a tough battle. Their job is to pay you the least amount possible. I would do some research and find similar trucks with close miles and print to show examples as to what they go for. I would look at auto trader and other online tools. The bad part is it's just an old pickup in their eyes......

And a 13 year old truck at that. Really the only way you would get what YOU value your truck at is the have specialty insurance and insure it for a specific value. I have collector insurance on my Vette and it's insured for $XX,000 so if it's stolen or totaled I get that value period!

And a 13 year old truck at that. Really the only way you would get what YOU value your truck at is the have specialty insurance and insure it for a specific value. I have collector insurance on my Vette and it's insured for $XX,000 so if it's stolen or totaled I get that value period!

Yep totally agree... I have Hagerty on my 3 "collector" cars... which has an agreed upon value. Regular insurance doesn't have that. You can get "collector" insurance on "newer-ish" vehicles but they can't be used as a daily driver and have limitations on use.

You need to make sure they value it as a limited production truck.

Push for a third party appraisal based on photos and invoices.

The first offer they threw at my 06 that was stolen was way low. We fought for a couple months over it and I ended up getting almost double what they initially proposed.

PM me if you want to talk more.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for your loss buddy, that must be horrible to go through...especially with an insurance company who's trying to rip you off. Good luck getting them to pay up a better amount.

I realize this doesn't help you now, but maybe if you were to buy another SS in the future, I have Encompass Insurance for everything I own. They allowed me an additional 20k of customization insurance on my SS when Hagerty and just about every other ins. company wouldn't insure it for any amount other than the regular value.

I had this fight happen to me when I had a parked two door tahoe that got hit. it had 180k on the clock but they low balled me. I let them know it wasnt easy to replace and it was worth more than they valued it at. I went on auto trader , looked for similar trucks with the accessories I had and mileage. All in all they ended giving me about 1.5 times the original offer based on what I found. Worth a shot IMO.

My truck was stolen 3 weeks ago, it was a 2006 SSS. My insurance said the truck was worth $12,212.60. I know its worth more than that, I had everything original with around 100,000 miles on it. Anybody have any info that would help me get it valued more, so that I can show my insurance it's worth more then what they valued it at.

Sorry for your loss buddy, that must be horrible to go through...especially with an insurance company who's trying to rip you off. Good luck getting them to pay up a better amount.

I realize this doesn't help you now, but maybe if you were to buy another SS in the future, I have Encompass Insurance for everything I own. They allowed me an additional 20k of customization insurance on my SS when Hagerty and just about every other ins. company wouldn't insure it for any amount other than the regular value.

That's some good info to know. Thanks Randy.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the feeling. Having to deal with the ****ing insurance, I ended up just settling for 10k the insurance offered.

The truck was a theft recovery before, and then only had like 120k miles.

I didn't wanna mess with it and took my loss.

Its sad how as a truck owner we have to deal with bullshit because of incompetent pieces of shit.

/rant

Erick you got your truck stolen??

Yes Sir.

Long story short, got it stolen from my job in downtown Houston.

The truck was so unique no one could miss it, coincidence is someone I knew was the last to see it.

Anyways, shes been gone for about three weeks, wouldn't be surprised to see the truck turned into a clone.

Good thing was when I had my truck painted a few months back, I had the claddings bolted to the truck and then smoothened out. So whenever these rats try to remove the claddings, chances are they'll end up tearing them.

Biggest reason why Im sour to the idea of a clone, because just to think someones SS was sacrificed or stolen just to be replicated into something lesser.

Haven't been on here in a longtime. I'm really sorry to hear the news Joe. Saw a black SSS just today drive by while I was at work and the first thing I thought was that it looked like yours. Strange, huh? I'll keep an eye out and look a little closer if I see another one.