Wiring help

I have searched all over and I want find any info on what I need. The topic has been covered a bunch but the details are vague or I'm simple.

I'm swapping my 03 SS to efans. I got a set off an 06 tahoe and got the factory harness too.

Now my question is about the hookup of the blue and green wires. Do I cut off this connector and use these wires to plug into the pcm? Green 42 and blue 33? I took a pic of what I'm talking about. This is from the factory harness.

post-27598-0-19133800-1453427204_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chaney3000 (see edit history)

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you pull the connection apart don't you have the pins? They are not an option so you have to pin the PCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the pins in that connector are different from the PCM pins.

The factory E-fan harness is part of the Main Core support Headlamp Harness. There is then a plug that connects it to the Main Engine Harness where the PCM pins are.

IMO it's better to take the Whole Head lamp harness If you can, as you have to unwrap it to remove that section of it and then you have to either re-wrap it to an existing harness or feed it along on the outside. Then you have to pull an engine harness apart to get the plug with the 2 wires going to the PCM.

Ok so the rest of the stuff is gone off that donor truck. I have the complete wire harness for the head lights and all that but there isnt anything else left. My next question is if would any of those 2 wire connectors from the light part of the harness work with the fan harness connector? Or would I just be better off rigging something else up. I seen some hid 2 wire connectors that come with a male and female connector that I can prob sub in there

There are plenty of people out there selling stand alone harness for fans... If you feel comfortable Google search the harness and make your own...

http://www.nelsonperformance.com/fan-harness

Edited by Thickcajun (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I got the fans installed. Wired it up. I plugged the green wire in 42 and the blue wire in 33 on the pcm spots. Grounded the harness on the horn mounting bracket. Plugged into the main fuse panel power wire spot for the harness power wire.

Tried to check the fans and now the truck will start and shut off when I turn the key to AC. It will start normally if I turn it completely on. However the truck will just cycle on and off when I put the key in the ignition and turn it to AC?

What the hell did I do wrong? Oh and the fans don't even come on?

Edited by Chaney3000 (see edit history)

Ok see I don't know. I had to splice my wires because I couldn't find the OEM plug in with the pins. So I got the correct connector but had to splice the wires and add pins to it. So I had to look at the two connectors while they were connected to trace which wire would be green and blue. From there I put the green wire into the 42 empty spot and the blue wire into the 33 empty spot.

Now I got truck to stop the crazy starting thing. Just pressed the gray clip on the pcm down more firmly. Bolts were tight already.

Now, I got my tester light out and when I touch the tester to the spliced wire past the connector where I spliced the fans will come on with the key off. WTF

No I haven't got the pcm programmed but shouldn't the fans just run on low until I get it programmed?

No they will not run. Your truck came with a clutch fan so it's programmed in the pcm to see them.. You need EFI or HP tuners to turn them on..

ce7b097c7d61e3fbdeba8032bff84e9c.jpg

Right now it sees no fans... This is the way it came from the factory... You have to set the PCM to see serial Fans... You'll basically have to pay a tuner or someone who has the software... It will cost you a least the amount of the credit and whatever the tuner charges for his time...

Edited by Thickcajun (see edit history)

Yes they should. I built my own harness with triggers to the relays to control low and high... I'm not familiar with the factory harness or how it's wired so not much help on that side.. But you should be able to ground those wires and see if you have low and high speed...