2016 Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne Style Wheels By MRR Wheels ( M228 )

MRRDesignWheels

I have been eager to get this news out and now after careful planing we are finally closer to making this a reality.

just in case your wondering who I am my name is Carlos and i represent MRR Design wheels, we are the manufactures of the popular M228 wheels that have been blasted on almost every Camaro out in the streets. you can view all that info at the Camaro5 Forum.

Now lets talk trucks !!! Guys we are now officially getting started in producing the M228 wheel ( Z28 style/ Chayenne style)

for the Silverado applications. Im excited to announce this information as although there are plenty of popular truck wheels in the market i believe is about time someone produces a wheel that is dedicated for the Silverado platform.

I attached a few pictures of the wheel we are talking about along with a original Cheyenne Pic for that visual.

post-27916-0-19467100-1452811949_thumb.jpg

now here is where we need your help. size and width is a main concern so please share your thoughts and let us know what size you may prefer,

I will post pictures on this thread of our process from 3D mold graphs to final product and then continue it to a pre order listing.

We are considering 24x10 in all four corners maybe also a 24x11

Edited by MRRDesignWheels (see edit history)

First off you better make them 6 lug not 5 like the ones in the picture.

Lol..

Wow, im completely in on this. Im looking for a new street/drag setup and if this falls through, then im in.

Personally im not a fan of huge wheels, but I love wide wheels. Give us at least a 20x10 and ill be happy. 22x12 or so sounds like something really heavy.

I wouldn't be interested in anything bigger than a 22" wheel specially for an NBS truck.

Whatever you do, do not make them less than 10" wide please.

Keep us updated and an estimated time of production.

Lol..

Wow, im completely in on this. Im looking for a new street/drag setup and if this falls through, then im in.

Personally im not a fan of huge wheels, but I love wide wheels. Give us at least a 20x10 and ill be happy. 22x12 or so sounds like something really heavy.

I wouldn't be interested in anything bigger than a 22" wheel specially for an NBS truck.

Whatever you do, do not make them less than 10" wide please.

Keep us updated and an estimated time of production.

I definitely agree with you in regards to width. as for Size Im not sure if we are doing both a 22x10 and a 24x10 but definitely would like to see what the community would like to have as we would be building these wheels for you guys the true drivers of these awesome trucks.

as for manufacturing we have already started on producing the drawings, i will get a few 3d graphs and we are trying to maintain the original 5 spoke split with a 6 lug application ( which is hard !! ) is real easy to just add a 6th spoke and call it a day but then is the the actual look we want to achieve.

I'd like to see how the 6 lug holes will look the 5 lug holes fit the rim better

Definitely same here !!!

Guys this is the perfect area for everyone to chimmy in on what exactly the perfect fitment would be for you and what may be missing from this market. anyone can build a 22 or 24 inch wheels for trucks. the market is saturated with product, we can make a specific size and bore that will work exclusively for the Silverado application, we can offer a staggered size?? infact we can even change the construction by this i mean everyone is making basic cast wheels which usually will average in weight at about 40lb - 50lb each depending on size. but we can easily produce a FlowForged truck wheel meaning it will reduce weight by about 25-35%. just a thought.

guys im all ears. :cool:

Well like I stated, would be nice to have a nice replica wheel made more towards the performance oriented guys, which is most of us on here.

I know for one, the Cheyenne concept had the Z/28 19x11 wheels on it, giving it that track oriented look.

Personally a staggered setup would be cool but not a big deal to me.

Theres nothing I dislike more than a big wheel with a 9" or smaller width, makes it look like you missed leg day.

Im stuck on:

20x10

22x12

But that's just dreamin.

I'd be interested in seeing the 6-lug setup too. If I were looking for a new set, it would either be a 20", or 22" x 10-12. I agree completely that the tall skinny tire setups look like they have chicken legs.

Wheel size has been talked nearly to death around here over the 6 or 7 years I've been on this site.

A large majority of guys feel that 22 is as large as will look good on our trucks.

When you start getting into tiny sidewalls, they just start looking puny and too small to support the massive box on top of them.

20X10 or 22X10