How much are you willing to pay?

Silverado_George

Yeah you should have included that in the first post. It seems a little high considering mileage. For the kind of money he is asking it should have nearly new tires. All maintenance history and should be all up to snuff of maintenance and should be detailed like it's fresh off the showroom for that kind of coin. Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day i used to have a saying.... People would ask me if they got a good "deal" on a car purchase. Only one person it matters to if you got what you want and you think you paid a fair price then yes you got a good deal.

yeah if you look at this right here this is approximately what it's worth, he bought it for 20k 3 1/2 years ago and has only driven it 3,000 or so miles since he's got it and it's been garage kept, all stock and comes with the COA stating that it's #539 so to me it's worth the risk i dpn't think he'll take anything less than 20k i could probably offer him 19 or 18K right?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not this one that you're looking at...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-SS-DALE-EARNHARDT-EDITION-/191763959565?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ca605cf0d:g:A2YAAOSw1S9WdzAJ&item=191763959565

This auction on ebay states it has a clean title with 71,500 miles and is an Intimidator edition, How ever it is missing alot of pieces that Make the DEI package what it is.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

I hope it's not this one that you're looking at...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-SS-DALE-EARNHARDT-EDITION-/191763959565?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ca605cf0d:g:A2YAAOSw1S9WdzAJ&item=191763959565

Vin# 2GCEC19N161242522. It shows it was sold at a salvage auction in the Texas area April 2013 and had 122,973 miles on the OD.

This auction on ebay states it has a clean title with 71,500 miles and is an Intimidator edition, How ever it is missing alot of pieces that Make the DEI package what it is.

Funny I saw that one.... Red flag for me was that the hood needs to be repainted. Interesting it has had a checked past but for the kind of money it should have all the stuff like COA etc.

Funny I saw that one.... Red flag for me was that the hood needs to be repainted. Interesting it has had a checked past but for the kind of money it should have all the stuff like COA etc.

The Info I posted earlier was not correct.

The Vin listed in his auction is correct. I have also confirmed it is a real DEI SS truck.

The original wing & hardware are missing from when the Tonneau cover was installed. The Intimidator badges were removed as the owner felt "they looked cheesy" so he removed them.

Those things along with the current condition and the fact that it is missing the COA, I don't fell it is worth any where close to what he is asking. JMHO

The Info I posted earlier was not correct.

The Vin listed in his auction is correct. I have also confirmed it is a real DEI SS truck.

The original wing & hardware are missing from when the Tonneau cover was installed. The Intimidator badges were removed as the owner felt "they looked cheesy" so he removed them.

Those things along with the current condition and the fact that it is missing the COA, I don't fell it is worth any where close to what he is asking. JMHO

Yeah don't understand why he would take off the intimidator badges, those are what give the intimidator it's bad ass look... shame some people don't know what they have or what they're doing... either way if it is an intimidator then they sured stripped it of all it's unique features :thumbsdown:

Yeah don't understand why he would take off the intimidator badges, those are what give the intimidator it's bad ass look... shame some people don't know what they have or what they're doing... either way if it is an intimidator then they sured stripped it of all it's unique features :thumbsdown:

When I was looking for my truck I considered getting an ISS briefly but I would have done the same thing. I am not a DE fan (don't hate me) and thought it was a bit gaudy and over the top. I like the spoiler but I can't stand the head rests, side badges etc. and was planning to remove and store the parts I look off. To each their own which is why they make different favors right!

The Intimidator badges are freaking expensive too, especially the tailgate one which is slightly smaller. Spoiler expensive as well, if you find an original vs. the fiberglass copies.

Not too sure about his revised claim that only 343 of them were made vs. the 933 number that we're all familiar with...

Richard

When I was looking for my truck I considered getting an ISS briefly but I would have done the same thing. I am not a DE fan (don't hate me) and thought it was a bit gaudy and over the top. I like the spoiler but I can't stand the head rests, side badges etc. and was planning to remove and store the parts I look off. To each their own which is why they make different favors right!

Absolutely correct Matt... Couldn't have put it any better I think one thing that we can all agree on is that Chevy SSS is one badass truck! I think I might just pull the trigger on this Intimidator, other day I started listing the pros and cons of it and I came up with far more Pros than Cons haha

George

• 2 weeks later...

I had an intimidator..the one in my signature..I sold it with 23K miles and full mods for $25K...I like clean lines and the cursive intimidator just didn't do it for me..not my taste..I had those and all the decals removed when i bought truck. It was used as a pace truck at dallas speedway...but I assure you I knew what I had and what I was doing...it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I had an intimidator..the one in my signature..I sold it with 23K miles and full mods for $25K...I like clean lines and the cursive intimidator just didn't do it for me..not my taste..I had those and all the decals removed when i bought truck. It was used as a pace truck at dallas speedway...but I assure you I knew what I had and what I was doing...it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Great to see you back on the site! :thumbsup:

Did you have the COA with the truck?