Ordered my supercharger!!

Where did you find that?? I never can find curb weights over at the Ford site. All I could on the HD was

6700-lb GVWR; 4500-lb tow rating; 1425-lb payload;10,000-lb GCWR

Not sure if I understand this right, but does GVWR - Payload = Curb Weight? That would make it 5275, which sounds about right.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all these quarter mile times, you guys arent taking into account weght reduction or slicks. I know we dont need them, but the lightnings do. The reason why there is such a broad range of times for a stock lightning is because people will bolt on a set of slicks, strip the car down, and say that is their stock baseline run. I would do the same thing. Now get rid of the heavy ass 20s, tailgate, bedliner (if you have one), amps and other stereo equipment, and i gaurantee that the SS will be in the 14s no problem. I bet with a set of 16s with a 28" tire, and get rid of the tailgate, you will be into the 14s. Weight reduction is very important, so is wheel selection, and nobody remembers these things when they call it a stock time. That HD ford may run 14.4 stock, in race trim, but in normal every day driving trim, that truck will put down the 14.8 that motor trend gives it. Also you have to take into account whether or not people are powerbraking it off the line. i dont think motor trend is allowed to do that.

You can take a bone stock camaro SS and run it. Motor trend says it does 13.3 or 4 and if you bolt a set of slicks onto it, and take a few things off of it, it will do a 12.9 with a good driver. And most people will call both cars stock

Where did you find that??  I never can find curb weights over at the Ford site.  All I could on the HD was

6700-lb GVWR; 4500-lb tow rating; 1425-lb payload;10,000-lb GCWR

Not sure if I understand this right, but does GVWR - Payload = Curb Weight?  That would make it 5275, which sounds about right.

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/FordF15...Specifications 

http://adsforcars.com/cruisedm0907.html

http://news.bellinghamherald.com/special-p...de/115837.shtml

http://www.motorcities.com/contents/02D1A2...A284068352.html

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/news/2002f150_spec.asp

http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-6831-2...-3A390A3D-prod2

Offical Ford specs. are eluding me at the moment, but here are some articles listing the Harley weights, they all are slightly different. :crazy:

The lingenfelter's kit claims 550 RWHP, that's 600+ flywheel. Lingenfelter's kit includes more than a supercharger, it is a total engine makeover.

Package includes:

Engine disassembly & inspection

LPE CNC cylinder head porting and polishing

Three angle valve job, set spring heights, assemble heads

Porting and polishing of intake manifold

Balanced rotating assembly

Pin fit pistons and connecting rods

LPE custom hydraulic roller camshaft

Valve springs, retainers & valve locks

Forged pistons & heavy duty piston pins

HD rod and main bearings

Gaskets, spark plugs, oil and fluids

Magnacharger supercharger package

Magnacharger air / water intercooler

Properly sized injectors

Yank custom torque converter

Professional installation, testing and calibration

B&B Tri Flow stainless cat back exhaust

2 year/24,000 mile warranty

Package price $17,600.00

Options to package

HD automatic transmission rebuild 2,595.00

Polished supercharger 1,000.00

New supercharger only package - $7,495.00

Lingenfelter claimed 0-60- 4.7 seconds 1/4 mile- 13.3 @102 mph with the old model magna and the cam, heads, etc.. it was rated at 475 RWHP.

Lingenfelter GMC Sierra 2001-2003, C3 6.0L SC Super Duty Package, As tested by Car & Driver 6/2001

With the extra 75hp, that would be enough to drop the 13.3 quarter mile at least .7 sec., which would be mid to high 12's, add a 75 or 100 shot of nos and its in the low 12's high 11's

Check out LS1tech.com, a guy who goes by the name of Parish8 has a 6.0l with a whipple, asm headers, e-fans, beefier tranny, LS1 edit, 75 shot and some other stuff, but the best part is that it is a Silverado 1500 Z71. That truck tears a$$ aoutta the hole. There are various videos on the site. Check it out. That is the website you need to be asking performance questions, they will shoot you straight :thumbs:

Shane

With all these quarter mile times, you guys arent taking into account weght reduction or slicks. I know we dont need them, but the lightnings do. The reason why there is such a broad range of times for a stock lightning is because people will bolt on a set of slicks, strip the car down, and say that is their stock baseline run. I would do the same thing. Now get rid of the heavy ass 20s, tailgate, bedliner (if you have one), amps and other stereo equipment, and i gaurantee that the SS will be in the 14s no problem. I bet with a set of 16s with a 28" tire, and get rid of the tailgate, you will be into the 14s. Weight reduction is very important, so is wheel selection, and nobody remembers these things when they call it a stock time. That HD ford may run 14.4 stock, in race trim, but in normal every day driving trim, that truck will put down the 14.8 that motor trend gives it. Also you have to take into account whether or not people are powerbraking it off the line. i dont think motor trend is allowed to do that.

You can take a bone stock camaro SS and run it. Motor trend says it does 13.3 or 4 and if you bolt a set of slicks onto it, and take a few things off of it, it will do a 12.9 with a good driver. And most people will call both cars stock

If you are assuming that all Lightnings that are run at the track stock......... and achieve good times........ have been lightened and are running slicks...... then you are sadly mistaken.

Actually, most stock L's are run with the stock tires because they hook so well. It is surprising. The differences you will see in times are mainly due to conditions and locations. It is well known that many tracks back east produce much better times .......... and most tracks in the west suck. Also, about the only lightening I have seen much of anyone except the hardcore racers (people with a lot of mods) do is the jack and spare tire. This isn't serious stuff.

One of the tuners brought his brand new '01 or '02 L to the track directly from the dealership. 100% stock (this means stock tires, no lightening, and nothing else different from when it left the dealership) it ran 13.23 with 6 miles on it. Yes he knows how to drive a Lightning.

To me stock is stock. Slicks are mods as they enhance transferance of power from the engine to the ground. Lightening also is not stock. If it isn't how you are going to drive it everyday (if you drive everyday without a spare and jack, you are an idiot) it isn't stock.

i guess im an idiot for driving my silverado around with no jack. I better throw that floor jack in the car because that bottle jack doesnt fit anymore.

All im saying is that some people consider their trucks stock, even though they did take off their spare, jack, tailgate and who knows what else, because they have not done anything to increase the power of the motor. Dont get mad because the world does not agree with you.

Ratfinks post is a perfect example, I know a few 5.3 regular cabs that are running the times that he is talking about, They have stock drivetrains, they did some weight reduction to get those times, as well as slicks and some free mods. My friend has a 2000 Silverado that just ran 16.2. That truck is 100% stock, that is the time he ran, and i know that that 1 second time difference is not all in the driver

Yes there are a lot of factors from one track to another. The bigger factor seems to be gas, not the track. Every lightning around here runs slicks at the track, because they cant hook up on regular street tires. Yes the track does affect traction, but Ca is notorious for having crappy gas.

I dont see a bone stock L running those times at fontana any time soon, so when i go, the trucks that are really looking for a good time, will be running some slicks to pull of a time like that. All i care about are the times the trucks that im going to be racing are running, and since you seem to be on the east coast, im not worried about the lightning you are talking about

but anyways, all i was really trying to get across, is basically that these trucks need some different wheels and tires to get a real time. They are not setup well from the factory to run the 1/4 mile. 20s are not 1/4 mile friendly, and that can easily be fixed, 31" tires are not race friendly either. get some 28s on a 16" rim and you will notice a huge difference

Actually the 5.3 regular cabs I'm talking about are showroom stock with no weight reduction on the factory tires.

Even the 13 flat for my friends 2000 model with the whipple was on the factory tires with no weight reduction.

When I say stock I mean stock.

I saw a brand new lightning at the track Saturday night, he ran 13.5's all night long and he was some 16 year old kid. He had no clue how to drive the truck.

RF

Archived