Ordered my supercharger!!

Put an order in for my supercharger!!! I wish there was more real data to base my decision on, but in the end, the intercooler and the "proper" placement of the supercharger on the intake manifold won out and I ordered a Magnacharger Radix. I still like the screw technology of the Whipple, but the Magnacharger seems to have a better system going.

So in a couple of weeks, Vrooooomm, Vroooom :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put an order in for my supercharger!!!  I wish there was more real data to base my decision on, but in the end, the intercooler and the "proper" placement of the supercharger on the intake manifold won out and I ordered a Magnacharger Radix.  I still like the screw technology of the Whipple, but the Magnacharger seems to have a better system going.  

So in a couple of weeks, Vrooooomm, Vroooom :D

Dave:

It is just a guess, but I believe you made the correct decision with the MAGNA. :thumbs: From reading (no experience) all the literature I could find on superchargers, I would definitely go with the Magna. Good luck and Vrooooooom is correct. :cheers: Just another word the "installer" can make a difference, especially with the neatness and professional look of the finished product. Hope you get someone who is particular and has pride in his work. :D

Just another word the "installer" can make a difference, especially with the neatness and professional look of the finished product.  Hope you get someone who is particular and has pride in his work. :D

I am having the Cerritos H2 dealer do the install. They were trained by the Magnacharger guys, when they did the pictorial of the Magnacharger install shown on Superchargersonline.com.

Magnacharger Install

They are GM techs to begin with and have training and experience with the Magnacharger install. Installing the Magnacharger on the SS should be no problem for them. They had 3 of the polished blowers in stock (seems to be the preference of H2 owners) and they opened one up for me to look at. Talk about chrome lust :D . But the satin finish will go better in the SS, I think.

Looks like MN C5 will get his installed before me, as it takes a week for them to get the supercharger in. It will be interesting to see what the track times are afterward. Which reminds me, I need to get to the dyno to do a "before" dyno test.

They are GM techs to begin with and have training and experience with the Magnacharger install.  Installing the Magnacharger on the SS should be no problem for them.  

I should have known, you have done your homework!!!! :cheers: Sounds like a good deal with those pros. :thumbs: Best of luck, be sure and let us know the results :D

Damn, im fallin behind fast. there is no way im gonna have anything like that for at least a few months, oh well. just post some numbers when it gets done

It may have been "slow" for Dave to GET his truck, but he is sure not "slow" with the MOD BUG :jester:

Don't have the blower yet. The conventional wisdom is that the mileage will go down in accordance with how much you "use" the extra power the blower gives. If you drive it gently then it should be about the same. Start putting your foot in it and the mileage will be even worse than before. Makes sense, more power takes more fuel. The parasitic loss of the blower is supposed to be 1/3 HP when it is not under boost, so it should have only a small impact on your mileage under steady highway driving.

Besides, if we were concerned with gas prices around here, would be have bought a premium swilling 6.0L truck like this? :jester:

Dave,

I know where you are coming from, but this is my daily driver and I would like to keep it some where in the rehlm of reality.

I just got back from a 1,000 mi. trip with my SS and was supprised to find that the highway milage was the same as the city milage, about 13mpg. I thought my tonneua cover would of helped but it didn't. You would have to drive at 55-65mph to get 15-16mpg.

Anyhow, I would like to keep it in the double digits.

Archived