US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

I just like the look of the Grant wheel and it looks a little thicker than the stock one. In 2006 if you ordered the package with Onstar you got the wheel controls. If you didn't order Onstar which mine doesn't have it was a separate option to order the steering wheel with controls. I appreciate the link to your parts. When I eventually add the wheel I'll probably go with a new one because that's just the way I am. Lol.
That's funny your in Seattle..... I lived there for a few years. Actually I lived down in Puyallup. Our goal is to get back out to the NW so Oregon or Washington. I've been looking at jobs to move us back out that way.

Hmmm, my 2006 had the redundant steering wheel controls, but I don't think it had onstar. I definitely could be wrong about that though, it may have had it and I just never noticed.
Current build: 2006 RCSB 4x4 - LS6, magnacharger, 4l80e, circle D, hydroboost, corsa, arh, beltech, coilovers, nvg149, baer+z06 upgrade, intro wheels... full on SS clone in the making.

#62 EXGM

EXGM

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Color:Victory Red

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hmmm, my 2006 had the redundant steering wheel controls, but I don't think it had onstar. I definitely could be wrong about that though, it may have had it and I just never noticed.

You could get the wheel controls without Onstar but it was a stand alone option that you had to check. In prior years it came standard..... if you weren't savvy at ordering you would end up with a truck like I have totally loaded but no wheel controls.....

#63 1BAD2K

1BAD2K

US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

You could get the wheel controls without Onstar but it was a stand alone option that you had to check. In prior years it came standard..... if you weren't savvy at ordering you would end up with a truck like I have totally loaded but no wheel controls.....

That's odd. The good thing is that they are really easy to install. The hardest part would be swapping the clock spring with about 13 plugs up under the dash lol.
Current build: 2006 RCSB 4x4 - LS6, magnacharger, 4l80e, circle D, hydroboost, corsa, arh, beltech, coilovers, nvg149, baer+z06 upgrade, intro wheels... full on SS clone in the making.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users