SSmoothSilSS RCSB Clone

SSmoothSilSS

Changed sunroof tubes, and previous owner had the tubes on the inside of the cab walls, :uhoh: so they drained into the foot wells areas. I drilled holes and punched them out into the fender wheel area behind the plastic fender shroud. NO LEAKS, now I can work on the headliner, change low oil sensor connector was missing also, new one on the way, cleaned and painted half the frame with rust-o-leum gloss black. Getting the surface rust off. Have the honeycomb duct and lower grilles, just hadn't installed yet, might wait until paint. O yeah new gas cap rubbers.

Thanks, the previous owner didn't install alot of things properly, missing frame bolts to the bed, motor mounts bracket bolts, some other brackets only had one bolt when two were needed, the rear lowered shocks didn't have the extenders, low level oil connector broken off. Sunroof was missing two bolts. I think I got them all now.

The missing motor mount bracket bolts was causing the high speed vibration.

Anyway I'm getting there. here's yesterdays pics.

post-2896-0-37385300-1465400264_thumb.jpg

post-2896-0-42927100-1465400301_thumb.jpg

post-2896-0-21504500-1465400326_thumb.jpg

post-2896-0-16208600-1465400359_thumb.jpg

post-2896-0-52994700-1465400387_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Alright, after the crappest winter of non-stop rain and snow, I can get started back, Justin from Blackbear Performance came into town and did a tune, we found there was a prior tune but is was way off. Runs so much better, shift points are on. Next is add the electric fans, might change out the water pump while I'm there.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you like that Grant wheel? I was thinking of getting one since the stock one is a little thin.... I can't tell is it leather wrapped? I want one with leather on it....

I also want to add wheel controls.... its the ONLY option my truck doesn't have which is weird....

How do you like that Grant wheel? I was thinking of getting one since the stock one is a little thin.... I can't tell is it leather wrapped? I want one with leather on it....

I also want to add wheel controls.... its the ONLY option my truck doesn't have which is weird....

Grant wheel is not a soft leather, I will probably wrap it at some point, but I do like the look of it.

That is weird you do have any controls on an SS wheel. I do have a extra SS wheel, (I sold the control buttons to someone already) and a regular wheel for sale in my Craigslist its used but good shape.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/6101229384.html

Grant wheel is not a soft leather, I will probably wrap it at some point, but I do like the look of it.

That is weird you do have any controls on an SS wheel. I do have a extra SS wheel, (I sold the control buttons to someone already) and a regular wheel for sale in my Craigslist its used but good shape.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/6101229384.html

I just like the look of the Grant wheel and it looks a little thicker than the stock one. In 2006 if you ordered the package with Onstar you got the wheel controls. If you didn't order Onstar which mine doesn't have it was a separate option to order the steering wheel with controls. I appreciate the link to your parts. When I eventually add the wheel I'll probably go with a new one because that's just the way I am. Lol.

That's funny your in Seattle..... I lived there for a few years. Actually I lived down in Puyallup. Our goal is to get back out to the NW so Oregon or Washington. I've been looking at jobs to move us back out that way.

I just like the look of the Grant wheel and it looks a little thicker than the stock one. In 2006 if you ordered the package with Onstar you got the wheel controls. If you didn't order Onstar which mine doesn't have it was a separate option to order the steering wheel with controls. I appreciate the link to your parts. When I eventually add the wheel I'll probably go with a new one because that's just the way I am. Lol.

That's funny your in Seattle..... I lived there for a few years. Actually I lived down in Puyallup. Our goal is to get back out to the NW so Oregon or Washington. I've been looking at jobs to move us back out that way.

I'm like you I buy new if I can, alot of parts on my short box clone are use but every time I find a piece that is in better shape I replace it, so hense the load of parts I have, anyway work wise there is a alot of work up here, freeways are busy and backed up at rush hour, I'm in West Olympia, out of the city.

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Just did all the blend door actuator's, one under the driver gas side peddle wasn't to bad, just wrenches your neck muscles. The 2 up top I took the dash cover off and cut the vent tube thats in the way, and duct tape in back together, tried going underneath just no room for my hands to get to the screws. Blows cold and hot everywhere now. I didn't do the lower one in the lower box I may just do it to make it new.

Edited by SSmoothSilSS (see edit history)