*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:02 AM

Well I thought I would get started in here with my SS clone, I bought this mostly done but with alot of issues. I anal so everything that is not right is an issue.

So right off the bat, long story short, the shipping company busted the drivers duct and scraped the front bumper when trying load it, I submitted a claim and it is going through right now and hopefully get a check for 7-800 for that.

Some of the the issues, no rear shock extenders, rear bumper not level, interior pieces cracked or scuffed up, carpet not clean, headliner not complete because power sunroof was just installed, front lower to low for the roads in my area, front tires size to small 225/30/22, found broken wires in the engine area after the 6.0 swap, passenger door water leak, hood latch cable broken, antenna broken.

So this week I started tearing it down, replace hood latch cable and replace antenna (pia). And added the rear shock extenders.

Attached File  Clone SS in front of garage.jpg   51.32KB   32 downloads

Attached File  Clone SS in front of the garage pass.jpg   53.32KB   29 downloads

Edited by SSmoothSilSS, 12 October 2015 - 12:14 AM.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/220485 03 Red Silverado SS, Frederico F/B Swaybars, 03 Honeycomb Grille, 22" Replicas, Lowered 2/2 with Bell Tech Spindles and Shackles. BlackBear Tune.

03 Silverado RCSB Clone SS, 4/6 Drop, Chrome 22 Reps, 6.0 LQ0 Motor, (in progress)

96 Impala SS Black, mods include CIA Headers, Cat Delete, SSmooth Bumpers, Alu. Driveshaft, Herb Adams Sway Bars, JM Control Arms, Eibach Springs, Simmons Wheels 18 inch.
2010 Camaro RS/SS BLK 6 sp. 22 inche SV-1 Wheel, Pedders Adj. Coil overs.

Black SS clone #3
  Silverado SS Silverado SS

#2 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

Complete SSS interior torn apart, will add SS mirror, Blue lighted Stainless Steel cluster gauge, blue LED climate control, door swiches, head, fog light switches, and SS Grant Steering wheel with blue LEDS.

Attached File  #1 Clone SS interior.jpg   7.66KB   31 downloads

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/220485 03 Red Silverado SS, Frederico F/B Swaybars, 03 Honeycomb Grille, 22" Replicas, Lowered 2/2 with Bell Tech Spindles and Shackles. BlackBear Tune.

03 Silverado RCSB Clone SS, 4/6 Drop, Chrome 22 Reps, 6.0 LQ0 Motor, (in progress)

96 Impala SS Black, mods include CIA Headers, Cat Delete, SSmooth Bumpers, Alu. Driveshaft, Herb Adams Sway Bars, JM Control Arms, Eibach Springs, Simmons Wheels 18 inch.

Black SS clone #3

#3 Downeast Johnny

Downeast Johnny

John

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,153 posts
  • Color:Black

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:24 AM

Nice looking truck.  Good luck with your project.

#4 jddmj

jddmj

Graphic Artist & Truck Junkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts
  • Owns:Fan
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

Looks sexy the way it sets, but I feel your pain. Going to be nice when you are done.

Indy%20Sig_zpsp7wmootf.jpg

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Ext. Cab - Daily Driver  |  1993 Chevrolet Silverado Indy 500 Pace Truck-Project

"Chrome went out of date in the 60's" - Carls_LQ9_SS

#5 LA_CLONE 6.0

LA_CLONE 6.0

SS Member

• Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Name:manuel

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:17 PM

Looking nice man any halp let me know

#6 1BAD2K

1BAD2K

US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts
  • Color:Silver Birch Metallic

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:25 AM

Truck looks great. BTW I bought a brand new oem carpet for my clone build. Think I spent like $140 shipped....sold the stock one on CL for 80 to a dude with vinyl floor.
Current build: 2006 RCSB 4x4 - LS6, magnacharger, 4l80e, circle D, hydroboost, corsa, arh, beltech, coilovers, nvg149, baer+z06 upgrade, intro wheels... full on SS clone in the making.

#7 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:36 AM

Truck looks great. BTW I bought a brand new oem carpet for my clone build. Think I spent like $140 shipped....sold the stock one on CL for 80 to a dude with vinyl floor.

I was looking at them but wasn't sure of the quality, I want a dark charcoal, did you get the factory cut pile or plush cut pile, with the backing?

Black SS clone #3

#8 1BAD2K

1BAD2K

US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

I'm not sure. It's just the original factory carpet. I ordered it through gm parts direct. Funny how carpet was $140 shipped ish and the headliner was just under $500 shipped lol.
Current build: 2006 RCSB 4x4 - LS6, magnacharger, 4l80e, circle D, hydroboost, corsa, arh, beltech, coilovers, nvg149, baer+z06 upgrade, intro wheels... full on SS clone in the making.

#9 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:46 AM

Thats an expensive headliner. On mine the past owner tried installing the one of the SSS he bought all the clone parts from and with the sunroof in it didn't work out. So I'm either buying a stock one or I just might as well have upholstery shop do one up for me.

So to night I dug into replacing the front springs a shocks, I have the wheel liner out to change spark plugs and found a broken exhaust bolt, got all the bolts out and will try to extract it tomorrow, and I talked myself that since I there i might as well to the ball joints. I have rack and pinion and it has a leak so here we go spending more money.

Black SS clone #3

#10 1BAD2K

1BAD2K

US A-Hole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

Damn, sounds like you got your hands full. It'll be worth it said and done and at least you don't have to track down any cladding! That's the tough part lol. I bet you can get a headliner from a part out truck for cheap. You could cut it up to fit the sunroof and wrap it all in suede. Wouldn't be too bad since you won't have a lot of area considering the sunroof.

#11 Red454SS

Red454SS

GMPP LSX454 SSS

• PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

I still have some parts from my black truck and a few random leftovers from my trans swap if you end up needing anything else.  What are you motor/trans plans on it, just leaving the swap as is once you get the little stuff fixed up?

GMPP LSX 454 with lots of upgraded internals~FAST LSXR 102mm Intake~FAST 65# Fuel Injectors~Nick Williams 102mm Throttle Body~WCCH Stage 2 L92 Heads~Saikou Michi Catch Can powdercoated red~300amp Ohio Generator Alternator~ARH 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers, Custom 3" Dual Exhaust, High Flow Cats. Magnaflow Mufflers, Doug’s Dual Electric Cutouts~Abear Valve Covers, Custom Engraved~Volant Cold Air Intake~Oscar Aluminum Radiator~Trucool 40K Transmission Cooler~Walbro 450 Fuel Pump~Belltech Shocks~Flexalite 282 Electric Fans with harness~Jake's Performance Stage 4 4L80E Conversion~PTC 3000 Stall Billet Torque Converter~Baer 15.6" 3 Piston Front Brakes, 14.4" 2 Piston Rear Brakes~Hotchkis Swaybars and Shocks~Blackbear Performance Autocal Tune

Intro Prowler 22" Wheels powdercoated Gloss Black with Nitto 420S 305/40R22 Tires~Aluminum SS Badges Powdercoated Black~Gemtop GT Classic Tonneau Cover~Wolf Bedliner~06' HD Hood and Grill~Precision Liquid Inserts powdercoated Black~Smoked and Cleared Black Headlights with Morimoto 5K HIDs~BSER Roll Pan~McGaughy's 2/4 Drop Kit, Firestone Air Bag Helper Kit~Tinted Windows, Tail Lights and Third Brake Light~Purple LED Cluster Conversion~Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Touchscreen - Rebuilding stereo currently~Backup Camera, black powercoated rear plate holder with LEDs

#12 kaze_v8

kaze_v8

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Name:Erick
  • Year:2004

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

sucks to hear about the little imperfections, but im sure itll be worth it in the end.

Beautiful truck btw, im a fan.

Projects:
"La Lusitana" 04 LS2 Silverado SS (Under Construction)- Weekend Warrior
"El Moro" 90 300zx TT - Project/Weekend Beast
"El Alazan" 96 240sx VH45 Supercharged - Project/Track&Street Beater

#13 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

I still have some parts from my black truck and a few random leftovers from my trans swap if you end up needing anything else.  What are you motor/trans plans on it, just leaving the swap as is once you get the little stuff fixed up?

Not sure on what I'm going to do with the motor yet, I will probably spend the winter getting the small stuff done and see what I want to spend.

sucks to hear about the little imperfections, but im sure itll be worth it in the end.

Beautiful truck btw, im a fan.

Thanks man, at least I'll everything is done right when I get done, it just sucks not having a lift in my garage.

Black SS clone #3

#14 jcg

jcg

SS Newbie

• 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

Is this the one from Arizona?

#15 SSmoothSilSS

SSmoothSilSS

*Elite SS Member*

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:05 PM

Is this the one from Arizona?

No I got this one out of New Mexico, looked at that one but if I remember it had the 5.3 (?) this one has the 6.0 replant.

Black SS clone #3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users