bassmaster

Tinted the windshield

I finally replaced my windshield after several rock chips & cracks. I had a strip before but decided to do a full tint on this one. Debated between 35 and 50%. Went with 50 this morning and so far I really like it!

Pre wash.. Super dirty

e3cae6d7eb6c6d43bdca944169ebe222.jpg

27d8d382c167d1a7d36137481c5a0d9d.jpg

9ade800ef82e6e38ee1fa93cb82c4666.jpg

First bath in 1.5 months!

ee95b8225b164d8c6cc24fd1fe687e95.jpg

dbe99fa6d4b8ec9d83e45bfccd2cc072.jpg

f3d4712aefb49f3a850a814b4336facc.jpg

9409f68e70749abb54ac758ae92cb26d.jpg

3394ddc36a928a3c6b03ab613163d29e.jpg

27c5914d70140342bb26f4c1b2836ad8.jpg

Also, other tint is just stock rears, and 20% fronts, for reference

Edited by bassmaster

ive been wanting to tint the windshield but I have a crack. But it looks good!!! darker but not noticeable to cause attention from police. :thumbsup:

Exactly!! 35 looks good in the day, but the window is actually black and sticks out like a sore thumb. The 50 isn't black, but more of a dark smoke so it's just noticeable but not sore thumb status.

I have a lot of dark roads by me, and without seeing the inside of 35 at night I didn't wanna risk it being too dark to see good

Looks damn good. I should do this myself.

Mine is 35 and I wish I had done 50. It's great on the crazy hot and bright Florida days but it is really dark at night. With my windows being 0, at night, I have to constantly drop the side windows to back-up or pull out from a side street. I'm thinking about having the windshield redone.

In the last 10 years out of the cars I remember owning I've had it done to atleast 8 or 9 cars. All have been done with 50% on windshield, first time I tried a 35% because thats what was available and ripped it off the next day.

50% is perfect I recommend it to all my friends and they like it too.

I might redo the SS with a 35% 3M or if I can find for a good deal id like to try the 40% 3M crystalline.

Looks good :thumbsup:

I had mine tinted at 20% for a long time. I miss it. It was obviously really hard to see at night. The cops in my area started pulling me over for it so, I had to get rid of it. When I move out of my town, I will replace it with a 50% and 5% eyebrow.

I went with the thicker Crystaline 3M tint in 70% transmittance, due to its total block of infrared (heat) in hot Florida sun.  It works fine in the SSS truck with the very bright LED headlights that I use. 

However, I did it in my C6Z too and regret it, as the factory HID lighting on that car is not so good.  I hit a large racoon in the Vette last August causing $2600 damage to front bumper cladding, fog lamp and carbon fiber splitter.  Now I am afraid to drive it at night, as a dead Armadillo in the road can due extensive damage to the car, which the truck would simply drive over.

Oh, is that a Street Scene Cowl Induction steel hood?  If so how long have you had it?  I got mine painted, but since it is a double panel hood for strength, which cannot be painted between the panels without factory dipping, it began to rust from the inside out at about 1.5 years after painting.  Now I am looking for a fiberglass hood to replace it.

Edited by I CORNER
Ask about your hood