• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Name:Richard
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

That would be for dismount/mount of all 8 including balancing.  It sounds like a lot but when you break it down per tire it's $25 per.  This shop is the only one I have ever seen use the plastic ring that goes all the way around the lip of the wheel, instead of using just the little plastic attachments on the tire machine itself (that always seem to fall off.)

A while back I took a brand new set of wheels for my old truck to NTB and straight out of the box the guy went to lay it face-first into the bare metal claws of the rim clamp machine.  I almost dropped the wheel I had in my hand running over to stop him...in my calmest tone possible I had a discussion with him about not destroying my wheels by changing his approach and he looked at me like I was from fuggin Mars.  We got it done but I'll never go back there again.

Richard

06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

#92 TxSilverado361

TxSilverado361

SS Member

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Name:Kegan
  • Owns:Fan

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Yea, down here we charge $20 per wheel. The machine we use has a plastic head to remove the tire, but when you put the air lock on, it actually raises up maybe a centimeter or two, trying to avoid touching the wheel, but tough tires it'll all touch, not damage/scratch though. Good thing you don't have tpms we charge extra to swap over... Then if they just keep throwing extra weight on to balance it out, naaambe! I'm still waiting for a posting all about that silver birch of yours though!! :D

Edited by TxSilverado361, 21 June 2017 - 06:39 PM.

#93 someotherguy

someotherguy

Veteran SS Member

• PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Name:Richard
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

I'm still waiting for a posting all about that silver birch of yours though!! :D

Already exists!  --> http://www.silverado...g-up-a-project/

Richard

06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

#94 SS05cdn

SS05cdn

SS Member

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Name:John
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

Any problems with your valve stems leaking, got new tires on mine and one rim was leaking.  Took it back and they couldn't seal it  Checked this faithful

sight,  and using Bead Sealer  worked great. Tire shop never heard of that method.   

:driving: 

:burnout:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users