Ping when flooring it

I'm getting a ping when I floor it. I don't usually beat on it. I floored it yesterday and noticed a ping. I went to the gas station and filled up with 93 octane. I usually always put 93 octane in it. But gas was a few weeks old in the tank so I filled up. Drove it about 30 miles, then floored it again. Ping is still there... My first thought was "gas station isn't really selling 93".

A few days ago my battery died from running my radio too long (fool). I jump started the truck and it wouldn't idle for about 5 minutes (kept stalling unless I kept it at about 900 rpms. I figured the tps went out of wack. It idles fine now, but noticed a ping when I floor it. Is there anything else I can do?

Yeah, has it ever been tuned up? If you have over 100K your due. Heck mine only has 53K and I am going to change the plugs and wires soon... they are 10 years old at this point and see it preventative maintenance.....

after 170k on it, it could be just some carbon build up. even running top notch gas you never know what the last owner ran. IMO- i would run 1/3 can of seafoam thu the intake..(follow directions) and the rest put in fuel tank, and see if that helps. cheep @ about $8 at most parts stores..

good luck