jddmj's 1993 Chevrolet Silverado Indy500 Pace Truck Build

jddmj

Just a little update......

Got a new pioneer setting easy in the dash, and starting to accumulate a parts pile, slowly but surely.

Working my way to all kicker speakers, including a powered subwoofer. (No pictures)

Then I come home from work, and the items my wife gave me a gift card to pick up came in.

Anzo Eagle Eye Headlights and tail lights. Anzo eavle eye Marker lights are on the way. I had to order those separately because I hate the silver trim up against the black sport grill. I ordered the lights with the black trim.

20160111_184227_zpstamkf6e0.jpg

20160111_183810_zpsm1jsquky.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Small update.....

Starting installing all the lights, and the tail lights came out great. Which is what started the desire to get the project rolling stronger than ever. Went to put the new eagle eye headlights in, and we have a problem. The pins will not come out. Nomatter what I do, they are not coming out. So it looks like we will be cutting the pins out, and putting in fresh. On top of that, it looks like the sun has got the grill seeing better days. A new black sport grill is on the way, along with a lower valance. I also had a friend give me a fresh dash that I am supposed to pick up this week, and will be doing doing dying to make it the correct color. I have the cab so full of stuff at the moment, I couldn't drive it if I wanted to. Anybody want to put in donations so I can get myself a garage built?

Why are you pulling pins on the new headlights to install? Put them in bracket and all. I've seen where some people think the aftermarket housings fit better on the GM brackets but each time I've tried, it was like trying to cram a square peg through a round hole.

Now the downside of course is if you ever need to replace high beam bulbs, you're pulling the grille, as that's what the pins are for - to replace high beams by just pulling the housing away from the grille.

Richard

Why are you pulling pins on the new headlights to install? Put them in bracket and all. I've seen where some people think the aftermarket housings fit better on the GM brackets but each time I've tried, it was like trying to cram a square peg through a round hole.

Now the downside of course is if you ever need to replace high beam bulbs, you're pulling the grille, as that's what the pins are for - to replace high beams by just pulling the housing away from the grille.

Richard

The truck had already had aftermarket lights installed, and I was trying to reuse the bracket. All is well now, but I found a bunch of other things I got to clean up now. Yeppie! LOL!

Considering possible variances from one brand (or even one production run) from another, I'd stick with installing them whole instead of mixing parts. But it sounds like that's the ultimate conclusion you reached anyway due to the pins not coming out...which seems a little weird! Are you sure they just aren't being retained by some plastic casting flash or something?

Richard

Couple other tips on getting headlights to sit right in a GMT400...what I've done along the way.

If they don't sit square in the grille, start by knocking the locator dowels off the backs of the brackets. Install the lights with the bolts barely finger-snug, so you can shove the light around as needed. You may need to slightly slot the holes in the brackets. Install the grille but you can leave it loose, just on there so you can see how the lights are sitting. Then you can tweak them around so they're square, then pull the grille carefully so you don't disturb the lights - then snug them down.

You may also find that the adjuster screws don't line up with the holes in the core support, making it difficult to square the lights up as the screw will hang on the edge of the hole or push the light forward because it's against the core support instead of in the hole. A little die grinder action to open the hole up...

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Man nice truck, these are my favorite bodystyle chevys, then the SS, this thread is making me want to sell my single and pick on up, I would want to see one of these with a 6.0 in it would be fun

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Man nice truck, these are my favorite bodystyle chevys, then the SS, this thread is making me want to sell my single and pick on up, I would want to see one of these with a 6.0 in it would be fun

You never know. Im still on the table about the engine. The 350 doesn't have many miles, but an LS motor would be sweet. But while its running good, I'm trying to get my money saved back and such to get this think in good drivin, and looking order.

You never know. Im still on the table about the engine. The 350 doesn't have many miles, but an LS motor would be sweet. But while its running good, I'm trying to get my money saved back and such to get this think in good drivin, and looking order.

Yea I feel you on that bro, if the engine is runnin good right now just focus on the rest if it, I'm debating on picking this baby up from my friend 3134ddeec1eb83ce2642046e5b5e25df.jpg

Yea I feel you on that bro, if the engine is runnin good right now just focus on the rest if it, I'm debating on picking this baby up from my friend 3134ddeec1eb83ce2642046e5b5e25df.jpg

That looks pretty good. I like the sport wheels. Im glad I have a set, so I got a good looking set til I can swing what I want haha

That looks pretty good. I like the sport wheels. Im glad I have a set, so I got a good looking set til I can swing what I want haha

Yea those wheels look good on them

Any idea how much it would take to drop a 6.0 into one of these? I'm debating if to do the 6.0 swap in my 03 single cab or picking up my friends and dropping the 6.0 into that

Any idea how much it would take to drop a 6.0 into one of these? I'm debating if to do the 6.0 swap in my 03 single cab or picking up my friends and dropping the 6.0 into that

No idea right off. 6.0's can be found locally fairly cheap at times. If you go with a carb, it wouldn't be all that expensive. Going with the stock wiring and computer might be abit more. Ive been told I can get alot more power for the same money as modding my 350. I guessing.......$1,200-$2,000. Just guessing though. Its all about location, and personal know how.