What does a "Camper Package" consist of

PAFarmerSS

Hey guys. Looking into buying a2003 silverado 2500hd for my daily so I can park the SS for the weekends.. The truck has a camper package on it though. Does anyone know exactly what this consists of. Guy told me when you let of the gas it's almost like there's an engine brake? Can that be programmed out for better gas mileage? I need info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol the dude sounds like a retard. I also think he means the tow/haul button. You actually have to push the button to use it though, so no need to tune it out. It's on the tip of the shift lever.

No he said it does it without pushing the tow/haul? I'm going to look at it tonight so I'll see what's up. Just trying to figure out what all the camper package details

Probably special gearing, dual batterys, trailer tow platform, engine oil & trans oil HD coolers, larger radiator, prewired fr aux. rear power accy's??

Sounds about right. Said it had daul battery's. 4.11 gears and the coolers. Just trying to figure out the trans and if I can re tune it. I'm sure I can. Just need to find somewhere in the philly area

LOL, I haven't seen a "camper pack" since like the 70's.... I wonder does the truck your looking at have the 8.1 with Allison? If it has the 8.1 buy your own gas station as they are anything but easy on gas....