Post a poc of your Silverado SS

Hate to bug you again but you're not having any clearance issues with those wheels? I test-drove that SS on craigslist that has repro 22's and the guy was super worried about taking it very slow over bumps because his tires would hit the fenders. Pretty sure his tires were too big for the drop, though, but I do recall feeling like the edge of the wheel was too far out in relation to the front fender lip.

Do you recall which brand they are (Factory Reproductions, OE Wheels, etc.?) and what the exact size & backspacing are?

I'm trying to pick some wheels for mine and I'm new to figuring out what will fit on a dropped GMT800.

Here's the pics from his ad, don't get me wrong I'm totally not trying to bag on this dude or his truck. He was cool enough to take the time to let me test drive it although I had other ones to look at and ended up buying a different truck.

Richard

Here's the link to the exact vendor I got my wheels from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-x-10-Chevy-Silverado-SS-OE-factory-GM-replica-rims-Tahoe-Avalanche-LTZ-6x5-5-/271690760643

Offset is +30mm, so im guessing anything more would be pushing it.

That guys tires look bigger than mine, and hes at least at a 6" drop.

If you wanted to run tires that big, im sure that's something a fender roll could easily fix.

Edited by kaze_v8 (see edit history)

Thanks, the +30 offset is something I've been seeing a lot of on 22" wheels but in your case those are 22x10 vs. the 22x9 most others are.

What kills me is I'm looking at some Centerlines that are 22x9 with only +12 offset and the tech guy at Centerline is swearing they will fit a dropped GMT800. I just don't believe it, not without running a super rubber band tire in the front.

Richard

Thanks, the +30 offset is something I've been seeing a lot of on 22" wheels but in your case those are 22x10 vs. the 22x9 most others are.

What kills me is I'm looking at some Centerlines that are 22x9 with only +12 offset and the tech guy at Centerline is swearing they will fit a dropped GMT800. I just don't believe it, not without running a super rubber band tire in the front.

Richard

How low are you trying to go?

I'm 3/4 dropped with 22x10 factory repos on 305/40/22 all the way around. And that's about the biggest tire you can go on that offset and drop setup. If I ever get a flip kit I'll put it on and see if a 5" rear drop will clear the tires, people say it won't.

Huh wut? Looks freakin' great! I like the new Silverado reps on it, too.

How low are you trying to go?

I'm 3/4 dropped with 22x10 factory repos on 305/40/22 all the way around. And that's about the biggest tire you can go on that offset and drop setup. If I ever get a flip kit I'll put it on and see if a 5" rear drop will clear the tires, people say it won't.

I'm thinking 3/4 no matter what, if not lower. I really like low static drops but it seems to be a little more challenging on the GMT800 than a GMT400, and still end up with a good ride - or maybe I just haven't dug into the subject enough yet. Anyway, the 22x9~22x10 wheels with +30mm offset or so should be no issue; the bummer is the wheels I really want (Centerlines) are only +12 and that just seems risky, regardless of what they're trying to tell me - that's pretty much 3/4" difference.

Richard

Huh wut? Looks freakin' great! I like the new Silverado reps on it, too.

I'm thinking 3/4 no matter what, if not lower. I really like low static drops but it seems to be a little more challenging on the GMT800 than a GMT400, and still end up with a good ride - or maybe I just haven't dug into the subject enough yet. Anyway, the 22x9~22x10 wheels with +30mm offset or so should be no issue; the bummer is the wheels I really want (Centerlines) are only +12 and that just seems risky, regardless of what they're trying to tell me - that's pretty much 3/4" difference.

Richard

If your truck is AWD, your limited on how low you can go. RWD you can go low.

• 2 weeks later...