rolling 1/2 mile

poopnewton

Sounds like a good time poopnewton! I'd be very curious to see how fast you run. Good luck!

Thank you. Should be a great time if me and the truck survives.

Trying to come up with a lighter & smaller wheel & tire combo than my 305/50r20s that has correct speed ratings for this, a correct load rating to get them mounted on my truck, and something that should also work in the 1/4 mile better than my current setup is turning out to be a major pain in the ass though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to make it to one of these soon myself. I run NT05 315/35R20's in the rear and 275/40R20's in the front and will soon be switching to 315/35R20 NT05R's because as much as I love burnouts I need a bit more sticky. If you're power level isn't massive though I would recommend checking into the Hankook ST or also listed as RH06 depending on where you buy them. They have a high speed rating with a load rating as high or higher than factory which is important depending on the tire store will be a big deal. I ran those tires for years and with the suspension working in your favor you can get very good 60' times out of it.

I'm hoping to make it to one of these soon myself. I run NT05 315/35R20's in the rear and 275/40R20's in the front and will soon be switching to 315/35R20 NT05R's because as much as I love burnouts I need a bit more sticky. If you're power level isn't massive though I would recommend checking into the Hankook ST or also listed as RH06 depending on where you buy them. They have a high speed rating with a load rating as high or higher than factory which is important depending on the tire store will be a big deal. I ran those tires for years and with the suspension working in your favor you can get very good 60' times out of it.

I decided on the same wheels as Black6psdz the vrock extractors 18x9.5 wheels with 305 /45r18 mickey thompson drag radials on the back and pirelli p zero 275/45R18XL tires for the front. Not my favorite wheel but for the price and +15 backspacing I couldn't find anything better. Discount tire wouldn't mount any nitto nt05r's on my truck because they said the weight rating wasn't high enough.

I think it should help my top end going from a 32" tire on 20" wheels to 29" tires on 18" wheels. I could feel the difference going from my stock 275/55r20 to the 305/50r20 tires I have now. It definitely feels more laggy trying to get into boost with the bigger tires, taking into account my 275/55r20 tires were almost completely bald and I could roast them at will at anything under 75 mph and my newer 305/50r20 nittos I can only burn up to around 50 mph. I think with my Isky 218 cam, ported heads, edelbrock proflow intake, turbo, and 3.73 gears it will like the shorter tires a lot more if I can get them to hook at a decent speed.

If you were still in Phoenix you might be a little more familiar with the truck although I have absolutely no complaints about the Nic D tune I have now 708rwhp 674wrtq on pump gas with a little meth. It does seem like like you have a near God like status on this forum that would have been hard to resist if you were still local. lol

Here was my truck on the dyno. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=450906628381033&set=vb.130019010469798&type=2&theater

I'm curious how those street r tires will work. I know the pros are just a plain great tire. And the et streets are alright. I'm not a huge fan Myself and really want to try m+h, but the street r's don't seem bad so far

I also would like to know more about the build

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.433401266798236.1073741854.130019010469798&type=3

On a side note, good things I got wheels coming. I did this today when someone started to change lanes in front of me while I was coming in hot causing me to go over the median.

post-24040-0-00245800-1442805040_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made the event and I gotta admit I was humbled with my big old pickup truck more so than I humbled other people with my big old pickup. The best speed I was able to get in the 1/2 mile was 146 mph. I was honestly hoping to be in the 150s and unfortunately if you were under 150 you were probaby in the bottom half of the field. So by the end of my day the only thing I ended up beating was another turbo'd regular cab pickup. Either way I was definitely the biggest, heaviest, and (other than the other turbo pickup) the most unaerodynamic thing out there. Of the cars out there, the completely stock ones were few and far between. Nothing I ran was stock.

For the Hellcat haters there was one stock manual tranny Hellcat out there. I asked the driver his speed and it was only 135 at the time (he didn't seem too happy about it either). I think it might have been driver more that the car though because there was another one out there running at around 160. Not sure what kind of mods the one running 160ish had.

As far as my truck goes I guess I didn't to too bad considering I made it there and back without any major problems. The one problem I did have was I noticed my Meth pump was leaking pretty good when I got out there. Because of that and it is still pretty hot out here in Arizona (the temp gauge on the rear view was reading 100) I didn't run as much as I would have liked to. After every run I'd pop the hood and it just smelled like stuff was cooking under there along with the brakes. Also with meth pump problem when I did run my eyes were glued to my AFR reading in case the meth pump did go out on me. Because of that I wasn't able to pay much attention to anything else to try to figure out what I could do to make it faster other than the obvious, more boost. The problem with adding more boost is that the shop that built my truck thinks I'm pretty much at the "safe" limit for my stock bottom end horsepower wise and anything more then I'm rolling the dice. No excuses though I gave the truck all it had and the leaking meth pump was a non factor in the speeds I ran.

Anyway I'll post some vids of myself taking a beating once I get them uploaded and edited.