Took a large dump on a new Dodge R/T

rcapone

Cruisin down 135th Street, I pull up along side a brand new Challenger R/T, I slow down to match his speed (around a 40 roll), we both look over at each other at the same time, I see him stomp on it, so I stomp on it - he's got about a 1/4 car on me because he stomped first. However, I easily and steadily overtook him until I had at least a full two cars on him before I let off. ...Awesome adrenaline rush - I needed that, it's been a while, lol

Then, of course, he slams on his brakes and turns off just before we're coming up to another red light...why do people do that???

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Cruisin down 135th Street, I pull up along side a brand new Challenger R/T, I slow down to match his speed (around a 40 roll), we both look over at each other at the same time, I see him stomp on it, so I stomp on it - he's got about a 1/4 car on me because he stomped first. However, I easily and steadily overtook him until I had at least a full two cars on him before I let off. ...Awesome adrenaline rush - I needed that, it's been a while, lol

Then, of course, he slams on his brakes and turns off just before we're coming up to another red light...why do people do that???

Good job Randy. Sounds like you might have hurt the guys feeling, you brute. :jester:

You have a few hundred pounds on him but I'm betting that Maggie under the hood gave you some edge. ;) Poor guy only has 370 HP ya know.

Watch out for those Mopar boys. More than a few of them boost-crazy too, and some of them with serious strokers under the hood. It costs a lot more to mod a Mopar, the aftermarket isn't as big so prices are through the roof, but it hasn't stopped the hardcore!

Richard

You have a few hundred pounds on him but I'm betting that Maggie under the hood gave you some edge. ;) Poor guy only has 370 HP ya know.

Watch out for those Mopar boys. More than a few of them boost-crazy too, and some of them with serious strokers under the hood. It costs a lot more to mod a Mopar, the aftermarket isn't as big so prices are through the roof, but it hasn't stopped the hardcore!

Richard

I'm pretty sure he had the 6.4L motor which weigh in around 4000 lbs - mine is around 6000 lbs, so more than a few hundred lbs difference, but probably not the hellcat. I would have really destroyed him if he only had the 370hp model. I say this based on the research I did on the 6.4L which is 4.1 0-60, and 12.3 1/4 mile. Mine is 3.8 0-60 and somewhere in the mid to high 11's right now.

After my heads go on this month, the hellcat would be a really good race I think!

Hell yeah Randy. I hate dodges about as much as fords lol. I never see one and say man that's nice haha. When you get the heads on and all your goodies set up right you wil be high 10's id bet with a good set of wheels and tires. Hell Kitty won't have a chance especially when you have 3 trucks off the line they will just blow the tires off then.

If it was an R/T it's just the 5.7 - older gen @ 370HP. Older gen SRT8 is 6.1 @ 425hp, newer gen SRT8 or badged 392 on the side that's the 6.4 @ 470 hp. The 2015 bumped the 6.4 to 485 hp.

Beating a Hellcat would be a feat. Not that they're the end-all but for box-stock off the showroom floor, they sure as hell are impressive!

Richard

Haha, I hope you're right Jason! It would hopefully be a beatin worse that this...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/videos/a24794/video-tesla-destroys-challenger-hellcat-sets-drag-strip-world-record/

I'm not certain this wasn't the hellcat to be honest. It happened so fast I really didn't get a great look at the emblems on the car. If the sissy wouldn't have turned off before the next red light, I would have filmed it with my phone and knew for sure. I do know it had the spoiler in the back, had a temp tag and was silver with the black racing stripes. Honestly, it was a descent race from a roll...it's not like I totally wiped the floor with him.

If it was an R/T it's just the 5.7 - older gen @ 370HP. Older gen SRT8 is 6.1 @ 425hp, newer gen SRT8 or badged 392 on the side that's the 6.4 @ 470 hp. The 2015 bumped the 6.4 to 485 hp.

Beating a Hellcat would be a feat. Not that they're the end-all but for box-stock off the showroom floor, they sure as hell are impressive!

Richard

Yeah, no doubt the hellcat is fast for an all stock car. As stated, I didn't get a great look at the emblems, but I do know it was at least a 2015 model and maybe even the '16 (not sure if they're even out yet), but it was brand spankin new for sure.

Here's one running an 11.91 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4RLjwIZum4

I haven't updated the stats on my sig., but they're from last fall on pump gas and only 11 psi. Since then, I've upgraded the fuel system, running e85 and pushin around 15psi. I'll be updating everything this fall once I'm able to hit the track again.

All I know for sure is it was a fun race and an awesome adrenaline rush!

There are some trucks on YouTube beating hell turds already. No doubt in my mind your SS will be about a second faster when done. Zippy will have it running right. Hell cats don't impress me at all. Yeah dodge had the balls to put big power in it but that's about it for me. Too bad you didn't get it on vid. Maybe next time :)

Yes, and mine is totally stock :wink: Last fall mine weighed in at 5650 without me in it at Heartland Park. I'm 6'2" 250 now but last fall I was more like 265. So like I said, pretty close to 6k

In case you missed it, I have a Speedstur Tonneau, Maggie, 80e, 22" intros, the big Wilwoods, etc., etc, etc. - I certainly haven't done anything to lighten the truck