2006 Chevy SS Intimidator?

Its a real intimidator(ran the vin). Hammered paint, bent rear bumper, no tailgate handle and still $21k price tag? Do they really command that much? I'm wondering if it was a theft recovery at one point, and the intimidator stuff walked off and they cut a few corners putting it back together.

It seems strange that only the headrests would be gone, though. Figured they'd go for the dash cluster minimum, and the wing...though the tailgate might be off another truck and the wing a repro, explaining the cheapie decal emblems instead of the real thing.

I think the price is high as well, but it's a low mile truck that should be rust-free if it's lived in Cali all its life.

Then again prices like that make me feel better about what I'm sinking into my salvage-title Intimidator...

Richard

When this stuff is actually collectible years down the road. The rarest ones will be the most desirable ones. As it stands now, a lot of the parts have been discontinued and they way they are being stolen for parts Or wrecked and totaled and the rest of the parts being used to make Regular cab clones. There wont be much left as far as original trucks.

Clones. Clones built using factory new parts or parts from salvage yards, fine. But I'm guessing there are A LOT of them built from stolen SSs [emoji53]. That's bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wonder if it's a real Intimidator. Notice it has the regular SS headrests, and the close-up of the emblems on the tailgate makes them appear to be the simple decals that are available cheaply on eBay. It's got the Intimidator wing, dash insert, and the signature on the dash cluster - but ya know what? You can get that dash overlay brand new.

Fully loaded including sunroof, lowish miles for the year, appears to already be lowered a bit, and needs a little TLC. Not a terrible deal all around. But if you're concerned about whether it's a real Intimidator, check the RPO label for SSI which is the Intimidator package. Without that, it's a fake. Also know if you're going to paint it and want original emblems you'll spend over $700 on them (about $240 for all three SS emblems, and about $475 for all three Intimidator scripts, assuming you can even find the slightly narrower tailgate script in stock.)

Richard

Yeah I saw all that too. It is definitely a 06 cause it has drum brakes. The one script looks like it's sun faded or been through one too many car washes. Bumper is munched up and I swear the tail lights look like off an 03 because they don't have the dark outline on the lense. Could be the picture though...

It seems strange that only the headrests would be gone, though. Figured they'd go for the dash cluster minimum, and the wing...though the tailgate might be off another truck and the wing a repro, explaining the cheapie decal emblems instead of the real thing.

I think the price is high as well, but it's a low mile truck that should be rust-free if it's lived in Cali all its life.

Then again prices like that make me feel better about what I'm sinking into my salvage-title Intimidator...

Richard

If I owned an ISS the first thing to go would be those gawd awful headrests. Not my cup of tea.... I have to say the regular ss ones are an improvement lol.

I almost though you guys were talikng about this pile.... http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5502918581.html 2GCEC19N161246148

It Was listed and sold on Ebay in the last few weeks. It's Missing the wing and intimidator script's along with they ruined the grill.

Last owner was a prick. I tried to help him but he wouldn't accept anything I told him. Now it's on a used car lot for more money.

Not sure how they washed the title on the other one at skyline motors. It's clearly a rebuilt truck.

To me, without the original paperwork and documentation, What's the point???

I almost though you guys were talikng about this pile.... http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/5502918581.html 2GCEC19N161246148

It Was listed and sold on Ebay in the last few weeks. It's Missing the wing and intimidator script's along with they ruined the grill.

Last owner was a prick. I tried to help him but he wouldn't accept anything I told him. Now it's on a used car lot for more money.

Not sure how they washed the title on the other one at skyline motors. It's clearly a rebuilt truck.

To me, without the original paperwork and documentation, What's the point???

It even looks like some panels are different "shades" (levels of wear/fade) of black, like it was boneyarded together and not painted.

Richard

You could have at least talked him into putting an SS emblem on the drivers side.

Like I said, He was prick and wouldn't listen to the advice I was attempting to give him.

"You know you can buy a wing kit for $149 and badges for like $25 on ebay?" that was the reply I got....

It even looks like some panels are different "shades" (levels of wear/fade) of black, like it was boneyarded together and not painted.

Richard

I know the hood was sun faded and had to be repainted not sure on the rest. I was going to go look at it and even contemplated buying it if I could negotiate a better price. He started at $21 firm and like I said was very difficult to deal with.

I think I discussed this one possibly elsewhere on this site Or maybe in a PM with someone but I could be wrong. He was claiming it was rare and one of only 343 DEI SS trucks.

Original Ebay ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-SS-DALE-EARNHARDT-EDITION-/191768893898?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ca65119ca:g:A7MAAOSwSHZWdzRj&item=191768893898

Last ad after I was schooling him and showed him an actual certificate from a truck Numbered higher than the #343 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-SS-DALE-EARNHARDT-SPECIAL-EDITION-/191808495902?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ca8ad611e:g:tLYAAOSwezVWt36O&item=191808495902

I would like to have someone run the Vin. I am suspecting this was the theft recovery in Vegas that was missing the doors.

My understanding is as long as they did not purchase the vehicle in CA and it was not registered in CA when it was junked, There is a way they can wash the junk/ salvage title and it will actually show a clean title in CA.

You could have at least talked him into putting an SS emblem on the drivers side.

I looked at the original pictures again and it was there. I wonder if the used car dealer had to fix the paint?

I remember him send me a link to the intimidator 3 pack like these telling me they were cheap and still availible if i wanted to replace them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Intimidator-SS-Emblems-Badge-set-of-3-for-Silverado-truck-mod-/322041196248?hash=item4afb26aed8%3Am%3AmAPU8RSXG1h-2ztX-SZljYw&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=iUFVwcGMw%252Fn7o8754U6qYC3J8qM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The originals are extremely expensive as I recently bought some. I forgot which on but at the time I bought them there was only 7 left. I can't remember if it was the door or the tailgate. I know the inner door sticker for the license agreement is now gone...

The emblems are ridiculous, yes. As far as the cheapie copy decals go, there are two levels of "quality" - the ones that are literally just vinyl decals and don't look anything like the originals, and then the ones that are some kind of domed vinyl that at least attempts to reasonably copy the originals.

Problem is, neither of those sets take into consideration that the tailgate script is 1" narrower than the door script. It doesn't sound like a lot, but when you start trying to cram the script and SS emblem back there it starts getting awful close to the center of the tailgate.

I still can't believe what I spent on emblems for this damn thing. I'm hoping when all the paint/body is done and shiny, that it'll help me forget. :)

Richard

Good news i ended up finding one from a member on here named Tony, it's just that at the moment my daughter asked to use my credit so I can't right now

George

Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)