2006 Chevy SS Intimidator?

This one is listed at 28K with 31K miles how ever it is just cloth interior... http://www.carclassifiedsbystate.com/15/2006/chevrolet/silverado/ss/tahlequah/642738286/113/index.html

Frankly I would rather have the Leather with the Bose sound system if I am going Sun roof option was around 10% of all trucks so Its going to be really hard to find a DEI with one.... I know of at least 4 DEI trucks that were complete total loss trucks. a few more were completely stripped. There have also been a few that were wrecked and repaired as well as stripped and repaired.

I wouldn't be concerned with mileage as much as overall condition. Price Is Determined by both mileage an condition But also it will only bare what some one is willing to pay.

If your never going to drive it and enjoy it maybe a super low mileage one would be best but be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

haha yeah guys that guy is crazy and way over his head, at one point he had it up on craigslist for 38,000 lol, a truck with that mileage and the initmidator package is worth around 16k but this guy i've been in contact before with him and he said he won't take anything less than 20k

haha yeah guys that guy is crazy and way over his head, at one point he had it up on craigslist for 38,000 lol, a truck with that mileage and the initmidator package is worth around 16k but this guy i've been in contact before with him and he said he won't take anything less than 20k

Maybe show him the KBB report. I can't see if it has a sun roof, But with leather, Bose, 6 disc, Tow package, I get $17,744 in Excellent Condition. But you know it has a scratch or dent or something to take it out of that category as 3% or less fall into that category. Very Good condition shows $16,747.

Now to me, If he had the original COA I would be willing to pay a little more as that can not be duplicated and they will not provide any one with that info. They were sent to the original owners only and that was it. There is no list or records floating around to figure out which number it was in the production series.

After looking at production numbers, It looks like the DEI package was the the highest selling SS package in 2006 despite it's limited number and only being sold 1 year. They sold more DEI SS trucks than Standard Black SS trucks.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

Maybe show him the KBB report. I can't see if it has a sun roof, But with leather, Bose, 6 disc, Tow package, I get $17,744 in Excellent Condition. But you know it has a scratch or dent or something to take it out of that category as 3% or less fall into that category. Very Good condition shows $16,747.

Now to me, If he had the original COA I would be willing to pay a little more as that can not be duplicated and they will not provide any one with that info. They were sent to the original owners only and that was it. There is no list or records floating around to figure out which number it was in the production series.

After looking at production numbers, It looks like the DEI package was the the highest selling SS package in 2006 despite it's limited number and only being sold 1 year. They sold more DEI SS trucks than Standard Black SS trucks.

Yeah i had talked to him a few months back and he said no COA, so with 105k miles and no COA, selling for 20k+ like i said he's out of his mind, then he told me that this truck is not in the bluebook now for someone to tell me that is absurd it clearly has the intimidator package on there sent him a picture of it and he still denied when i clearly proved him wrong but hey i don't think he'll sell it good luck to him

George

Not a $25K or probably even $20K for that matter.

If he had the COA, I could See about $18K if its in nice shape all the way around Never been wrecked or repainted.

Until Today, I never even bothered to look. They built more 06 DEI SS trucks than standard Black 06 SS trucks.

890 Regular Black SS and 933 DEI SS trucks.

I like the package but unless it has a Sun Roof and low mileage, Its not worth to me.

I bought my ISS for 23k,5 years ago.. it was a Minnesota truck... I wanted a intimidator so bad ,so I jumped on it! !! It had 84k on it! And yes the underside had rust bust ,a little time cleaning and painting every weekend for 2 months,made it look like new!

,it depends on how much u love these trucks... if ur a fanatic like me, then a little elbow grease ain't no big deal to get it shined up like new!!! We gotta take care of these trucks!!! Whether it a ISS or SSS,.. they are very important trucks!!! Wait about 30 years when the kids are lookin at us saying HOLY S**T! YOU HAVE A SS!

The one in Dallas looks nice. I was thinking the price wasn't bad but it was a little concerning to read about the VIN tag. I'm trying to figure out how a theft recovery with the VIN tag removed doesn't have an assigned VIN now? He didn't mention anything about an assigned VIN, just said you could otherwise verify the truck/title matched. Going out on a limb here but if he means via the tire placard on the driver's door that's not confirmation of VIN since the door is easily swapped. I'm not saying I doubt the guy's honesty but check it thoroughly and raise some concern about the VIN tag being missing, especially if it doesn't have an assigned VIN from the state now. This is something that can potentially haunt you - if you get pulled over in it with no VIN tag you are subject to having it impounded, you impounded as well for suspicion of auto theft, yada yada.

Seriously not trying to put the stink on what otherwise looks like a nice truck, just be sure you cover the bases.

Richard

Did you see this one?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5248025044.html

This one might have rust but is cheap... http://holland.craigslist.org/cto/5244120832.html

I think the guy looking ONLY wants California trucks... but when your looking for the unicorn of SS's I think you may need to broaden your search a little...

I think the guy looking ONLY wants California trucks... but when your looking for the unicorn of SS's I think you may need to broaden your search a little...

I would fly any where in the US if it Found something I wanted and the price was reasonable.

How ever, I am not reasonable my self. I always find something but it's missing an option I want or I feel its ridiculously over priced for what it is. I find it easier to build what I want and I don't do it for resale.

The DEI Package is Nice, How ever in 2006 they made more DEI SS trucks than standard SS trucks in black. Also No one wants a Cloth interior truck. And with out the COA, Its just another SS with some cosmetic differences...

If your going for rarity, Get a Red 06 or 07 model. In 06 Red was the rarest color. I would imagine its the same for 07. Yes I have Seen a Red 07 SS. There was less than 200 of the 2007 SS trucks total and most of them were black left over's from the 06 production model run.

When this stuff is actually collectible years down the road. The rarest ones will be the most desirable ones. As it stands now, a lot of the parts have been discontinued and they way they are being stolen for parts Or wrecked and totaled and the rest of the parts being used to make Regular cab clones. There wont be much left as far as original trucks.

I would fly any where in the US if it Found something I wanted and the price was reasonable.

How ever, I am not reasonable my self. I always find something but it's missing an option I want or I feel its ridiculously over priced for what it is. I find it easier to build what I want and I don't do it for resale.

The DEI Package is Nice, How ever in 2006 they made more DEI SS trucks than standard SS trucks in black. Also No one wants a Cloth interior truck. And with out the COA, Its just another SS with some cosmetic differences...

If your going for rarity, Get a Red 06 or 07 model. In 06 Red was the rarest color. I would imagine its the same for 07. Yes I have Seen a Red 07 SS. There was less than 200 of the 2007 SS trucks total and most of them were black left over's from the 06 production model run.

When this stuff is actually collectible years down the road. The rarest ones will be the most desirable ones. As it stands now, a lot of the parts have been discontinued and they way they are being stolen for parts Or wrecked and totaled and the rest of the parts being used to make Regular cab clones. There wont be much left as far as original trucks.

Cool... I have a red 06. And I have never seen another one like mine around me!

• 5 months later...

I'd wonder if it's a real Intimidator. Notice it has the regular SS headrests, and the close-up of the emblems on the tailgate makes them appear to be the simple decals that are available cheaply on eBay. It's got the Intimidator wing, dash insert, and the signature on the dash cluster - but ya know what? You can get that dash overlay brand new.

Fully loaded including sunroof, lowish miles for the year, appears to already be lowered a bit, and needs a little TLC. Not a terrible deal all around. But if you're concerned about whether it's a real Intimidator, check the RPO label for SSI which is the Intimidator package. Without that, it's a fake. Also know if you're going to paint it and want original emblems you'll spend over $700 on them (about $240 for all three SS emblems, and about $475 for all three Intimidator scripts, assuming you can even find the slightly narrower tailgate script in stock.)

Richard