2006 Chevy SS Intimidator?

nope spread the word around NOBODY buy this intimidator i tried talking the dealer down and the guy was like nope it is what it is and i asked him to send a picture of the undercarriage and he pretended like he didn't hear me over the phone, very bad customer service and trying to hide the fact that the undercarriage was completely rusted no wonder this truck has been up for like 3 months and hasn't sold, every intimidator i see up usually sells within a week

I found this intimidator here it's in sacramento just wanted to get some opinions, of how much this truck is worth to you or based on the milage and the rarity, the truck says it comes with a certificate of authenticity saying its a real intimidator, no sunroof which is odd because i thought all intimidators came with a sunroof but oh well either way not a big fan of sunroof, in the blue book it says it's worth 28,000 in excellent conditon, as of now this one only has 1,500 miles, you guys think it's a risk paying that much or is it really worth that much?

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/5165875825.html

George

I found this intimidator here it's in sacramento just wanted to get some opinions, of how much this truck is worth to you or based on the milage and the rarity, the truck says it comes with a certificate of authenticity saying its a real intimidator, no sunroof which is odd because i thought all intimidators came with a sunroof but oh well either way not a big fan of sunroof, in the blue book it says it's worth 28,000 in excellent conditon, as of now this one only has 1,500 miles, you guys think it's a risk paying that much or is it really worth that much?

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/5165875825.html

George

Man, that's a toughie. Price is literally what one cost new. I'd be working extra hard to verify that super low mileage is accurate and there are no damage records on it. Why is the check engine light on? - EDIT - nevermind on the check engine light, you can tell from the tach being at zero the engine isn't running.

No sunroof isn't that odd. My ISS doesn't have one either.

You would think someone trying to get 40K for a truck would do a better job of posting an ad...with some quality pictures. Or, would sell it through some other means - a super low mile limited edition truck? You almost think it would go through a live auction instead.

I guess the one big advantage you have here is that it's local enough for you to check it out in person and decide for yourself.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Man, that's a toughie. Price is literally what one cost new. I'd be working extra hard to verify that super low mileage is accurate and there are no damage records on it. Why is the check engine light on? - EDIT - nevermind on the check engine light, you can tell from the tach being at zero the engine isn't running.

No sunroof isn't that odd. My ISS doesn't have one either.

You would think someone trying to get 40K for a truck would do a better job of posting an ad...with some quality pictures. Or, would sell it through some other means - a super low mile limited edition truck? You almost think it would go through a live auction instead.

I guess the one big advantage you have here is that it's local enough for you to check it out in person and decide for yourself.

Richard

yeah, i think i'm gonna take a look at it, since i'm so close by but what would you pay for an intimidator with this low of a milage, I would only justify paying about 30k especially since the credit unions won't give you more than what the car is actually worth, my credit union gave me a 6 percent interest rate i'm positive that individual will accept that offer or what's your take on it Richard?

George

• 2 weeks later...

Real clean, lots of pics, and a price that seems reasonable for an ISS with that mileage and condition so far. Get some pics of it on the lift, like you did that other one, should tell the whole story. Good luck

ng checks out
Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)

Yeah man also thanls matt! i would have never noticed that one, but also do you guys think if it does end up being rust free that it would be recommended to purchase it without actually driving it because flights out to ohio arent exactly cheap and don't have time to drive it back all the way to california only option would be to have it transported if everything checks out

Your welcome. Here's my take on a long distance purchase. At least your buying from a dealer so they should be reputable. I would have a hard time not driving it once but that's me. Your looking for something pretty specialized so you have to give and take a little. If it checks out after pictures (and I would have them take a lot more) you could buy a one way and drive home. I saw southwest advertise on snf 79 one way tickets! Fly and drive home! Sounds like fun. I would ask to see the uvi (used vehicle inspection) the service dept did also since your out of town.... You can see what they fixed and skipped. Where I worked we were pretty through and fixed most everything so we didn't put junk on the lot.... But can't say that for everyone.... Good luck!

Yeah man also thanls matt! i would have never noticed that one, but also do you guys think if it does end up being rust free that it would be recommended to purchase it without actually driving it because flights out to ohio arent exactly cheap and don't have time to drive it back all the way to california only option would be to have it transported if everything checks out

Have u read their reviews? They don't have that truck on their lot.

• 2 weeks later...

The one in Sacramento was listed on Ebay at one point. I believe He had the COA for the truck shown in the auction.

Another member on here bought a truck with like 21 miles on it or something low like that. Original owner wanted 40K for it. He finally ended up selling it for less.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

The one in Sacramento was listed on Ebay at one point. I believe He had the COA for the truck shown in the auction.

Another member on here bought a truck with like 21 miles on it or something low like that. Original owner wanted 40K for it. He finally ended up selling it for less.

Yeah i noticed, it just happens man, even with time an it being a limited edition truck it still goes down in value once it's off the lot, it's like buying a srt-10 and wanting to sell it for the msrp price it's just not worth it, if anybody wants a good idea of what a car is worth just go to the blue book every sports model is in there even if somebody says it isn't

George

Since your in Oakland, Did you see this one? Looks clean especially with the mileage it has. No interior shots though... Although it says it has Leather and Bose package. I would try and contact him. He might even have the COA for it.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5245422240.html

Since your in Oakland, Did you see this one? Looks clean especially with the mileage it has. No interior shots though... Although it says it has Leather and Bose package. I would try and contact him. He might even have the COA for it.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5245422240.html

25k for a truck with over 100 on the odo? Not sure what they are smoking down there....