2006 Chevy SS Intimidator?

Not trying to put stink on a guy's for sale ad, it looks like a nice truck, but here are 2 things that caught my eye.

1. Says "Price for this weekend only!" "If not sold by Monday I'll just keep it!" ... ad is 23 days old and still up

2. Truck is in "for sale by owner" but has a TX temp tag on it - but not a buyer tag, it's an authorized agent/dealer tag, meaning it "belongs" to the dealership, and 10 seconds of detective work shows the guy works at an Audi dealer.

So while the truck does look clean and has a few extra goodies, price isn't bad! Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it's their baby and they can tell you all the history on it - when it's almost surely a dealership trade-in. Nothing wrong with that, just don't fail your due diligence.

Richard

I think my salvage title Intimidator with same miles (actually a few less) must be worth more than the 20K they're asking for this one. :)

Richard

Did you buy it out of oklahoma? There was a guy selling one craigslist with a salvage title for cheap. Saw it listed on and off for about a year and the miles listed were slowly rising. Looked like a good deal for a theft recovery I think he said.

Did you buy it out of oklahoma? There was a guy selling one craigslist with a salvage title for cheap. Saw it listed on and off for about a year and the miles listed were slowly rising. Looked like a good deal for a theft recovery I think he said.

I bought that truck then sold it a while after

Nope, mine was out of Louisiana, salvage title over crash damage - crunched in the right rear. Got my bedside, rear corner cladding, and a few other items on the way. :) Truck actually runs and drives great, nice interior, cold air, all the goodies seem to work (except crappy HID retrofit), Pioneer touchscreen radio and amazingly the remote was still in the console. Even the owner's manual. Surprising, considering it went through the salvage auction. It'll remain to be seen whether it was a good deal or not, by the time I finish spending money on fixing the crash damage.

Richard

Dang Bill, your v.r. SSS looks gangster as F__K !!!! love the look bro. What hood is that??? I am due a new hood has rust on the front seem from the inside.

Thanks! It's a Goodmark hood. 4147-200-032

Found it new locally for $300 but eBay has them for 300 + 125 shipping. It does nothing but looks badass!

I bought that truck then sold it a while after

Nice! I wanna say he got down to $12K asking price (or that might've been when you sold it.) Was the truck as clean as it looked?was there anything wrong with it

Nice! I wanna say he got down to $12K asking price (or that might've been when you sold it.) Was the truck as clean as it looked?was there anything wrong with

it

Nothing was wrong with it except it was missing some parts here and there

Thanks Bill, I am all over that!!! I have been holding out for a hood I really like and thats the one.

Your wheels are out cold as well, can you tell me a little about what you have there? No fears, my SSS is blue, :thumbsup:

Edited by BC DOORMAN (see edit history)

Lol if you see rust on the hitch, I'm sure there's a lot more to go with it underneath. I'm in TX, and I would never consider a rust belt truck. Just my $.02

Unless its my truck LOL... I have never driven my truck in the winter and has never seen salt or snow and I never drive it in inclement weather haha... Still looks brand new no rust anywhere...

That doesn't look too bad. Of course my Intimidator has some rust underneath, but I wasn't the first owner of it though. Mine had two owners before me and I got it off a member from this site from state of Massachusetts and I live in Wisconsin.So it had some rust on the frame and underneath, but it's not really bad. Planning to change that in the future. This Intimidator would be a good purchase I think, for the right owner who will take good care of it. If you want it, go for it.

That doesn't look too bad. Of course my Intimidator has some rust underneath, but I wasn't the first owner of it though. Mine had two owners before me and I got it off a member from this site from state of Massachusetts and I live in Wisconsin.So it had some rust on the frame and underneath, but it's not really bad. Planning to change that in the future. This Intimidator would be a good purchase I think, for the right owner who will take good care of it. If you want it, go for it.

A good purchase at $20K? I'd keep looking.

Richard