3 bar map sensor

incorrect info. im running a plug and play 3 bar map. I forget where I got mine from ill check some old receipts. Also, depending on the year of the computer and OS that is loaded into it, that will depend what you can upgrade too. What I have found is that if you want to run a 3 bar OS and can only upgrade to 2 bar or 2.5 then you need to start searching the repository for a vehicle of the same year that will support 3 bar capability. For instance, my 2006 would only go to 2 bar. So we found another 2006 Silverado I believe a 2500 that already had the 80e swap and was 3 bar capable. We did a write entire and it worked perfectly. Now with 2006 the computer just doesn't have a ton of room for an OS like a 411 pcm. But, it still works, resolution just isn't as good. I had to license my truck originally, then the vehicle I was trying to borrow the OS from. So it cost me 4 credits as HPT doesn't charge you to upgrade to 2 or 3 bar now. Hope this helps, and I will see if I can dig up where I bought the sensor from. I know of a few people running it and all with great success.

Im not sure on Operating System (OS). Ill send my ecu to zippy, and include the 80e swap goes in the retune. thanks for the part # on the map btw. :pepsicheer:

Edited by rnrnoriega (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

gi.ss you have a lot of miss information on your post. the 411 pcm is actually smaller (memory wise) than the 03-07c pcm. they are all available to run up to a 3bar o.s. from factory they cannot, they need a custom OS from either hpt or efilive.

as for 3 bar map sensors, the DMAX sensor is a plug and play just like the cobalt 2bar sensor. The dmax sensor is actually a 3.3bar. the ls9/a is also a good one, but twice as expensive due to the corvette tax, and requires a change in wiring.

Also, an 06 OS will not work on a 03-05 pcm... unless you are willing to swap the TAC module and throttle pedal.