Modifying Volant CAI

Devilized

Installed the volant 151536, was an easy install even with the not so helpful instructions but have a few questions if anyone could help that would be great. The lid is garbage as it bows letting air through the top so has anyone made their own lid out of metal or lexan or acrylic? Also the hole on the bottom of the box is for the tube that goes to pickup air from the brake duct which I plan to make myself, any ideas would be great. Last is the cut out that points torwards the fender, has anyone sealed that to just pull air from the bumper or does everyone leave it open?

Thanks in advance

The tube is only 100$ and it fits over the back of the duct. If just buy one instead of making one. The open side that goes to the fend pulls cool air also I'd leave it open.

post-21185-0-79636300-1437926785_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info, 03ss what kind of seal did you use for your lid. I'm gonna chase down some red acrylic and make one. Your engine bay looks pretty sick. Gonna just buy that tube for that price. Now just waiting on my exhaust to show up.

They sell a thin sticky foam them seals doors, like for your home, I got some of that. Like 4$ at Home Depot or lowes. Thanks I had it dipped I love the way it looks too. Gotta keep it clean.

They sell a thin sticky foam them seals doors, like for your home, I got some of that. Like 4$ at Home Depot or lowes. Thanks I had it dipped I love the way it looks too. Gotta keep it clean.

if you don't mind me asking where did you get yours dipped at. those looks great