2016 Chevrolet Silverado

jddmj

Im surprised they changed the body style after just 2 years with the 14-15 style. And everyone seemd to like it too.

I feel the same way. Don't fix something that isn't broke yet. Oh well, just means I might be able to afford a '14-'15 sooner lol

I feel the same way. Don't fix something that isn't broke yet. Oh well, just means I might be able to afford a '14-'15 sooner lol

You could say the same thing about the change they made in 03. The 99-02 was selling very well but they did a pretty nice refresh and it sold even better.

I am a little surprised they made changes this fast after only 2 years, but on the other hand I have read lots of rumors saying that GM will be completely remodeling the Silverado for the 2019 model, which means the K2XX body style will only last for 5 model years which is quite a bit quicker than they previously have. So if its true they will have a new body style after 5 years then it does not surprise me that they did a refresh this quick.

The biggest complaint about the GMT 900's was they did not make any real major changes for 7 years, not even a mid cycle refresh (like they did with the GMT 800's). Im sure some of that had to do with the bankruptcy.

GMC released their redesign too

https://m.gmc.com/2016-sierra-1500-pickup-truck.html

Front end looks much better than the silvys so far imo, minus the awful grille in the top pic

8a47414b9b3b96432ca4f1fe4ce18092.jpg

Like I said before... the GMC would look better than the Chevy... I like it. I'm glad I didn't buy a '15. I like the looks much better... plus I was severely disappointed that BOTH Ford and Ram had high tech LED lighting and GM's new trucks still were using old school bulbs.....

This is a interesting topic. Very surprised that they are doing the refresh this early like somebody already said. I honestly don't think they needed the refresh but if they do a full redesign for 2019 it does make sense. Think they feel pressure from ford to do something major body wise, like the extremely over-rated aluminum body bullshit. I feel like they kind of over complicated the front of both of them with this refresh. I Like the gmc over the Chevy at this point. But also like the 14-15 gmc over this one also. Someone mentioned Chevy adding more special models with the Silverado. Think that's partly due to dodge and all there variants. Every other ram you see now is the "black out edition". Getting old real quick and Rams seem outdated already. Seriously 3 people I know all bought Rams this month and all are the black out edition. And man do they think they are the cats ass in ther super custom awesome trucks with black wheels and trim. Hahaha. I don't know if GM will build a SS version. I think they are scared to put SS on anything really right now, ever since the cobalt, hhr, Impala, ect., ect., days when you could get pretty much every model other than express and aveo with a ss package (or bumper like the equinox sport) lol. Sorry for the long post. After 10 years at a caddy/Chevy dealer and leaving, hard to find anyone to talk new GM stuff with often haha.