Fresh Pics of "La Lusitana"

kaze_v8

Morning fellas,

Did a little impromptu photoshoot this weekend with a frat brother of mine, and decided to share some pics of my beauty.

Hopefully have a legit photshoot done very soon. Let me know what yall think, planning on having a build thread soon, once I decide which direction im going as far as boost.

IMG_9729_zpsjfnnz4rk.jpg

IMG_9732_zps2s1ffapx.jpg

IMG_9749_zpskeyfl1tf.jpg

IMG_9748_zpsyhg8a2ot.jpg

IMG_9758_zpsdly4rey8.jpg

Looking good man.. Love the stance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks mean! great looking truck!

PS. looks like you are about to lose your passenger duct......

Thanks gentlemen, and yeah ive been meaning to fix that, specially after ive seen how expensive and hard they are to find.

Thanks gentlemen, and yeah ive been meaning to fix that, specially after ive seen how expensive and hard they are to find.

I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I work with epoxy every day, (Boatbuilder), and figured that I would try epoxy before spending big bucks on replacing the part.

The trouble was a broken mounting tab

DSC01808_zpskope5mix.jpg

Spread the break open and work epoxy into the crack. (The epoxy needs to be thickened with fumed silica).

http://www.usaboatstore.com/marpro-cab-o-sil.htm?feed=Froogle&gclid=CJzsuM2HjsYCFYU6gQodkHAArw (Link is just an example).

DSC01815_zpsj6mffc1y.jpg

DSC01817_zpsil8un3ze.jpg

After you have the break well coated with thickened epoxy build up a "fillet" of thickened epoxy around the base of the tab.

DSC01804_zpson75lwf5.jpg

Many plastics can be tricky to get a good bond on and these ducts are constantly vibrating and weakening the mounting tabs.

I tried the epoxy to see if it would work and it has held up for a couple years so far.

Good luck with your repair. (Take it off the truck before it falls off and you run over it). :jester:

• 1 month later...