Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments guys.

The ABT's came out the best of any I've done so far. Finally figured out a filling I'm happy with.

The chicken wings were pretty simple I just rubbed them with Kirkland sweet Mesquite seasoning

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Sweet-Mesquite-Seasoning/dp/B004S0332A/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1457474350&sr=1-1&keywords=kirkland+sweet+mesquite+seasoning

grilled them indirect with briquettes to 165* internal temp, then gave them a quick dip in a deep fryer to crisp up the skin.

I mixed up 1/3 melted butter to 2/3 Franks wing sauce

http://www.amazon.com/Franks-RedHot-Wings-Sauce-Buffalo/dp/B0005YWN88/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1457474447&sr=1-2&keywords=franks+buffalo+sauce

and slathered that over the wings once I got them out of the fryer.

• 1 month later...

Finally got my treager pellet grill/smoker! It's the treager lil Texas elite!! Got it at home depo for a steel. You could say it was a smoking good deal!

Got some blueberry cobbler on their now! Got a great recipe!!! Thanks John! Next up burgers!!

post-12300-0-39539400-1460226850_thumb.jpeg

post-12300-0-96767100-1460226888_thumb.jpeg

post-12300-0-77710900-1460226904_thumb.jpeg

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

Finally got my treager pellet grill/smoker! It's the treager lil Texas elite!! Got it at home depo for a steel. You could say it was a smoking good deal!

Got some blueberry cobbler on their now! Got a great recipe!!! Thanks John! Next up burgers!!

You did get a smokin deal on the smoker / grill. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations.

I never thought to smoke the cobbler. Let us know how it turns out. It looks good in the pan. I haven't made a cobbler yet this year but you've got me thinking about it now.

I know that your burgers are going to be great.

Everything turned out awesome!!! This grill/smoker is amazing. So I got a little smokey flavor in the cobbler. Pecan/hickory mix. Then turned it up to 375 and wow!

This thing is amazing.

I mostly used it as a grill today. Going to smoke some ribs low an slow in the weeks to come!

Also found a cold smoker attachment for it!! Hmmmm

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

Everything turned out awesome!!! This grill/smoker is amazing. So I got a little smokey flavor in the cobbler. Pecan/hickory mix. Then turned it up to 375 and wow!

This thing is amazing.

I mostly used it as a grill today. Going to smoke some ribs low an slow in the weeks to come!

Also found a cold smoker attachment for it!! Hmmmm

I've read a lot of great reviews about pellet smokers. Glad to hear that your is working out good and that the cobbler turned out good too. Post up some more pics when you smoke the ribs. Sounds like your set for some summer fun. :thumbsup:

I cold smoke cheese quite a bit, (Got to be able to keep your smoke chamber below around 80* or your cheese will start to melt), and I cold smoke cured pork bellies for bacon. Cold smoking is a nice option to have. I have two of these that I use in my Weber smoky mountain.

http://www.amazon.com/A-MAZE-N-Pellet-Tube-Smoker-6/dp/B00IXMPW5K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1460285031&sr=8-4&keywords=smoking+tubes

DSC02475_zpsxoxu3gcs.jpg

DSC01412_zpsf22d5b33.jpg