Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

I love to smoke too. I use a Masterbuilt electric smoker, smoked with wood and charcoal in the past, but find the electric smoker a time saver. Here is a dry rub recipe I use at the bottom of the post. Thats some good looking grub Blk_SS

1/4 cup Paprika
1/8 cup Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1-2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
1-2 tablespoons Onion Powder
1/4 cup Coarse Salt
1/4 cup Turbinado Sugar
This will coat up to 6 lbs. Pork Ribs and 10 lbs. Pork Shoulder or Pork Roast.

A local grocer put Rib Eyes on sale and I got lucky and found a couple thick ones.

DSC05234_zpswfjfmrht.jpg

Rubbed them up with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

DSC05235_zps8uvedqkt.jpg

Low and slow with Hickory to an IT of 105*

DSC05240_zpsyzcuaero.jpg

Onto my second grill for a sear

DSC05243_zps1wuyar1a.jpg

Hot off the grill

DSC05245_zpsz1fgfqeo.jpg

Plated up with some Mac & Cheese that I've been fine tuning for a while

DSC05247_zpsgrwiq4ox.jpg

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

I make my own.

Room temp stick of regular butter (or 2), add finely chopped fresh garlic (2 cloves), add a few sprigs finely chopped parsley. Quick turn of the Sea Salt salt mill/grinder. Fold all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed. Scoop onto plastic wrap. Roll it up into a slight log shape. Leave out for an hour or two so the flavors meld together. Put in fridge overnight. Ready to use. Slice as needed

I make my own.

Room temp stick of regular butter (or 2), add finely chopped fresh garlic (2 cloves), add a few sprigs finely chopped parsley. Quick turn of the Sea Salt salt mill/grinder. Fold all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed. Scoop onto plastic wrap. Roll it up into a slight log shape. Leave out for an hour or two so the flavors meld together. Put in fridge overnight. Ready to use. Slice as needed

That sounds really good. Thanks for the recipe. :thumbsup: I'll make some tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect for many foods ....

I made a batch. Been using it on steamed vegetables so far. I like it. :thumbsup:

925300eda941f38a4195d869cc92c472.jpgbdd2812b65e00eabe09468c32e404fd6.jpg

Well the old knock off Weber finally bit the dust.. Replaced it with another wally world special... 88 buck time to cook ...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

That looks like a pretty good grill for 88 Bryan. The ribs look good too. :thumbsup: