Anyone else into smoking???

la122685

This is killing me... I used to smoke a lot then converted to gas for convenience.. Time to go buy another pit...give me a good excuse to drink to much and stay outside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Thickcajun (see edit history)

Dam! All that food looks so good!! I wish I know how to smoke my own food! Gotta go eat something know!! Lol!

It's not too tough to pick up. Do a search for "The smoking meat" forum or "The Smoke Ring" and start studying. You could pick it up in no time and it is a great way to relaxe and wind up with some awesome chow.

f42465fed6ed4c0315fc0177cb6b0f97.jpg

Rushed right out and bought a pit... Two racks of BB ribs, Zumo sausage and plenty of boudin for tomorrow! It's on like donkey kong!

Don't forget to season the new grill first before actually cooking food on it :)

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Don't forget to season the new grill first before actually cooking food on it :)

Got her up to 450 right now watching her go... She'll be set for tomorrow ...thanks for the words of advise... Many people probably don't even realize to do that... Especially with the cheaper zinc plates grills... I've seen people at the beach break out the small pits from Walmart throw some charcoal on and start cooking....

Got her up to 450 right now watching her go... She'll be set for tomorrow ...thanks for the words of advise... Many people probably don't even realize to do that... Especially with the cheaper zinc plates grills... I've seen people at the beach break out the small pits from Walmart throw some charcoal on and start cooking....

I always rub down the inside of a new smoker with a drenched towl of olive oil, lots of salt and pepper... Then heavy smoke it with a blend of all the wood I got for minimum 2-3 hours constantly adding more wet wood chips to ensure it stays smoking...

Cajun u wasted no time on buying a new smoker! That's awesome. Can't wait to see what you smoke up!

6e9e49684ef3d932be0a7df700fba3a3.jpg

Ribs have been going at 225 for about two hours! 4b591d05cee0e7bae3bd65edeaff5754.jpg

And the Corona's are going down like silk...

Lol ... myself and NomoreSS did some ribs last night .... Sooooooo Yummy ...

I love this time of year ... Ribs, Burgers, dogs, beer and a yard full of screaming kids, having a summertime Fun-Fest!!!!

Don't get no better