tune up question

Your_Evil_Twin96

was wondering what ur guys opinion on fuel tank/injector cleaners from automotive store? Ive done plugs and wires and fluids and 03 ss has 138,000 miles and an arizona ss. Thanks for your input guys.... ive heard good and bad things about cleaners and thought ss fourm would be good feedback for our 6.0 high output. Also another quick questions, i bought ss from father and he was outting 87 octane in truck, im running 91 now but think there is gunna be any problems from 87? Sounds and runs strong so thinking im good...?.. thnx again guys

No problems from running 87. It just reduces power. I was running 89 as an experiment it ran fine EXCEPT when I went to wot.... It would knock pretty bad. Every once in a while I throw a bottle of Chevron Techron cleaner in tank. It's the same stuff as gm injector cleaner. If you buy a bottle of the gm stuff it has chevron logo on bottom of bottle. Pick up a bottle of the chevron stuff at your favorite parts house it's expensive but about half what the gm stuff costs.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)