The Official "Nascar Look Thread"....Oh Baby!!

Afun

Im on 22's with a 4/5 drop, anything bigger will more than likely rub. I like lots of meat too, and this set up isn't as bad as you think.

Would ever powder coat the wheels...BLACK...stealth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought my wheels were 17's...They are factory steel powder coated

My mistake, you're totally right (obviously, they're your wheels :) ..) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the black factory coating is because they're spare tire wheels, no cladding. I'm about 99% sure the ones I posted are 16's, had a few come through my salvage yard mounted on older trucks (88-98 body style, swapped from newer trucks), but the spare on my SS is a 17" and black w/holes exactly like what you're running.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

My mistake, you're totally right (obviously, they're your wheels :) ..) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the black factory coating is because they're spare tire wheels, no cladding. I'm about 99% sure the ones I posted are 16's, had a few come through my salvage yard mounted on older trucks (88-98 body style, swapped from newer trucks), but the spare on my SS is a 17" and black w/holes exactly like what you're running.

Richard

I believe the power coated factory steelies were done by grabbing a pair of regular ones and powerder coating them. They were a great find on EBAY. They have the GMC logo embossed on the center cap, and I put the SS sticker also from ebay on it.

Edited by Afun (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this thread will gain any traction. I have only recently discovered that the look I like on these trucks is considered " Nascar Like ". This particular online community is unique. Most like to drop their cars and increase the size of the wheels. I have always been opposite of that. I have had Jeeps, Mustangs, Broncos, and first generation Broncos. I will say you guys do know how to make it look good. I love the way this truck turned out and wish to see more like it. Still missing some blacked out RBP mud flaps. This will help with towing. 16974656968_80b1847c2c_b.jpgUntitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

Dope truck man! What size is your tire?