The Official "Nascar Look Thread"....Oh Baby!!

Afun

I don't know if this thread will gain any traction. I have only recently discovered that the look I like on these trucks is considered " Nascar Like ". This particular online community is unique. Most like to drop their cars and increase the size of the wheels. I have always been opposite of that. I have had Jeeps, Mustangs, Broncos, and first generation Broncos. I will say you guys do know how to make it look good. I love the way this truck turned out and wish to see more like it. Still missing some blacked out RBP mud flaps. This will help with towing.

16974656968_80b1847c2c_b.jpg
Untitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

Since the truck is lowered on a 4/6 drop It has 235/65/16 which is 28" tall. Wanted to have no more than 28"

My goal was to keep the sidewall short and keep the 17 inch wheel from the looking small. I think I nailed it.

Truck sits too high in the back for that size wheel, but I actually like the theme you're going with.

Ya think, I'm actually very happy with the stance. That radiator baffle does help with the perception of it being lower than it actually is. The next step up would have been 265/70/17. Did not like the thickness of that sidewall. Would have probably lost the " look".

Overall this tire is1.3 inches less in diameter size.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this thread will gain any traction. I have only recently discovered that the look I like on these trucks is considered " Nascar Like ". This particular online community is unique. Most like to drop their cars and increase the size of the wheels. I have always been opposite of that. I have had Jeeps, Mustangs, Broncos, and first generation Broncos. I will say you guys do know how to make it look good. I love the way this truck turned out and wish to see more like it. Still missing some blacked out RBP mud flaps. This will help with towing.

16974656968_80b1847c2c_b.jpg

Untitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

Awesome looking truck! I like the direction you went.. These trucks are capable of so much either 16's or 24's I've never really seen one that looked bad... It's a matter of taste.. Keep on keeping on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! Reminds me of the 05 Silverado Speedway Edition.

163-0508-03l%2B2005-chevrolet-silverado-

163_0508_04z%2B2005_chevrolet_silverado_

163_0508_05z%2B2005_chevrolet_silverado_

This is an incredible looking truck...I know nothing about it

It was another teaser prototype from GM. Basically a race inspired single cab Silverado SS.

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/163-0508-2005-chevrolet-silverado-speedway-edition/

It seems like these two door race trucks never make it to production

Idk what the Nascar look is by ive actually got a look similar to this idea going with my truck now.

I like a low truck but with enough meat and rake in the back.

Ill post pics soon to give you guys an idea.