Cragar Steel Wheels on a SSS?

Afun

What do you guys think? You do sacrifice size....biggest they go is 17 x 8....but I sure do like them.

D window steel wheel with the Red and Blue line and a chrome Cragar Blue decal center cap and chrome lug nuts or black...

16333961654_57dd127233.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

This is the wheels. It's 17 x 8 with 245/70R17....the overall look compared to the stock tire would be 1 inch smaller. I didn't paint my scoops black so the chrome center cap would look pretty good. This actual wheel come with a red and blue line around the lip. Kind of cool, don't know how it would look. This wheel also has a Rear wheel drive offset. What does that mean? The wheel below doesn't have no color to the lip. Don't know what to do. Seems like everyone has Reps. Want to do something different.

16768931070_10d354c949.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

The overall look I am going for below...

16336329513_c117d2bc3b.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

My mind hasn't changed but I'll bet the owner of that truck is also a nascar fan it's not terrible your stock rims just fill the wheel wells better in my opinion its your truck brother make it your own style that's the fun part

Thinking at the moment I am going with Tahoe Police Wheels instead of the cragars. The police wheels are semi-gloss just like my painted grill. I will make a decision eventually.

The look of this SSS is my favorite. That's a 17 inch steel wheel. Have I changed your mind?

16753497357_f70ac39166_b.jpgimage by Afun2011, on Flickr

No. It looks like 4 spare wheels and tires. Post up what you decide to go with though. I love seeing smaller wheels on these trucks.

post-22679-142823927977_thumb.jpeg

I love the way this looks.

I went with the same wheels above. Yet the SS badge in the Center Cap will not have a red outline. Black and Silver to tie it in to the SS badging on the truck and air ducts. The wheels will be 17 x 7 and the tires will be Bridgestone Duelers AT Revo 2 or Mickey Thompson Baja STZ. Still not sure if the Mickeys are too knobby of a tire. The size will be 245/70/17. The white letters will be facing outward. That is very important to me. My FJ Trail Teams has the BF Goodrich Tires with black satin fake beadlock TRD Rims. I love that look. I also like the stock look, and replacing the OEM wheels with some black, chrome, gloss black reps. Lots of looks this car could take on.

I will never lower this truck. I tow my heavy Malibu Wakesetter with it.

That looks Horrible. It is your truck to do what you please but those wheels on an SS will like Crap. It's a really nice truck Id never put some turds on it.

That looks Horrible. It is your truck to do what you please but those wheels on an SS will like Crap. It's a really nice truck Id never put some turds on it.

It gives it such a sporty look. I know to each is own. I have never been one for 22's or lowering. I think the truck looks great stock and with all the REPS out there. This is just a little different. Let see how it drives after the change. Trying to buy that lower black spoiler too.

Edited by Afun (see edit history)

No. It looks like 4 spare wheels and tires. Post up what you decide to go with though. I love seeing smaller wheels on these trucks.

attachicon.giftapatalk_1424806692616.jpeg

I love the way this looks.

I'm sorry but the wheels you're after look like wheels off of a work truck. What I said I liked looks good in my opinion. Maybe a smaller sidewall tire and drop would help the wheel you like but the picture you posted would make me ask the owner if it was a really SS.