08 Saturn Vue Hybrid Advice

jddmj

I know this is off topic in a sport truck forum, but I trust some of the mechanic advice more here than anywhere. I have found a 1 owner 2008 Saturn Vue Green Line at a great price, but I need some pros and cons before I pull the trigger. I really like the car, and I think it would be a great upgrade from my wife's Ford Focus. I would much rather have a TBSS, but with our commute being 44 miles 6 days a week, I think this would be a great choose. So my GM Fanatics/mechanics, what can you tell me about these? Please don't flame, im trying to save the ozone layer.................so my truck emissions can take it for itself lol.

Well among the many cars I have we have a volt and love it! Nothing wrong with being a little green. I would be a little leery on a vehicle out of production with a first gen technology. That was gen 1 of the belt assist system for GM and I would worry about parts availability... even thought the same basic vehicle is still in production as the Chevy Captiva Sport. I am of the belief you should never buy gen one of anything....

Take my volt are leasing... I was strongly considering buying at the end of the lease it but I have had a lot of recalls for programing and had some electrical issues (although minor) all covered under warranty. I am not interested in paying out of my pocket so it will be turned in.... As the vehicles get increasingly complex and hybrid/electric (are more so in my book) I think they are great value while under warranty but I question the value out of warranty. Just my 2 cents.

Well among the many cars I have we have a volt and love it! Nothing wrong with being a little green. I would be a little leery on a vehicle out of production with a first gen technology. That was gen 1 of the belt assist system for GM and I would worry about parts availability... even thought the same basic vehicle is still in production as the Chevy Captiva Sport. I am of the belief you should never buy gen one of anything....

Take my volt are leasing... I was strongly considering buying at the end of the lease it but I have had a lot of recalls for programing and had some electrical issues (although minor) all covered under warranty. I am not interested in paying out of my pocket so it will be turned in.... As the vehicles get increasingly complex and hybrid/electric (are more so in my book) I think they are great value while under warranty but I question the value out of warranty. Just my 2 cents.

They actually produced a Hybrid Vue in 2007 as well, but redid the body for 2008. Here is a question though. If the hybrid system fails on this specific model, can it be disabled to only be a gas application? It doesn't matter to me if it is a hybrid or not. Its just an awesome price.

They actually produced a Hybrid Vue in 2007 as well, but redid the body for 2008. Here is a question though. If the hybrid system fails on this specific model, can it be disabled to only be a gas application? It doesn't matter to me if it is a hybrid or not. Its just an awesome price.

Not that I am aware of..... Maybe find a Saturn forum and ask. If it' has the belt start assist and has any kind of problem I don't think it has a regular ol starter so you would just have a large paper weight..... I'm not sure I would buy even at a great deal.....