This Truck is Driving me insane

MHARPER1

I have an 03 Silverado SS AWD. I just recently had it on the body shop getting rust panels installed and painting it. I was driving it today and it started sputtering and missing and died. I thought the fuel pump went out so I changed it. Not it. Checked the fuel pressure and it maxed at 48 psi at idle and dropped to 40 when I gave it gas. Thought it was the fuel pressure regulator, not it. Checked the flashing codes and it read multiple cylinder misfire p0300 and mass air flow sensor, p0101, so I changed the sensor, not it. The truck is running like shit and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Any suggestions?

Crank Sensor, Crank Sensor, once again ill say it again Crank Sensor!

Happened to me on my previous truck, had tons of ppl tell me fuel filter, pump, injectors, all sorts of crap, ended up spending hundreds of dollars, to end up finding out it was the crank sensor. The symptoms are exactly like mine, make your best judgment, good luck.

Did you clean the throttle body at all. Check the plug wires? Also did you throw in a new fuel filter? Just some ideas

The throttle body is only about 10 months old, so no I didn't. I didn't change the plug wires either or look at the plugs, but I did have someone tell me to do this also. I am having my mechanic check them out. Thanks.

Sounds like it's starving for fuel like a bad pump the pressure should be higher then that

The pump is brand new and is getting the pressure to right where it ought to be now that I changed out the pressure regulator. Thanks.

Fuel filter

The fuel filter is about a year old, so I guess it could be but i wouldn't think so. Thanks.

Crank Sensor, Crank Sensor, once again ill say it again Crank Sensor!

Happened to me on my previous truck, had tons of ppl tell me fuel filter, pump, injectors, all sorts of crap, ended up spending hundreds of dollars, to end up finding out it was the crank sensor. The symptoms are exactly like mine, make your best judgment, good luck.

I had someone else tell me this exact thing. I actually got fed up last night and took it to my mechanic who has always done all the work I couldn't figure out. I will throw this his way if he doesn't come up with anything, but he is pretty good. I will let everyone know what it turns out to be. Thanks.

This is the only issue I have had with this truck other than the reduced engine power crap that made me change out the throttle body pigtail. All in all its been a great truck.

Edited by MHARPER1 (see edit history)

Ok, got the worst news possible. The truck has a burnt valve over cylinder 6, which now has no compression. Looks like an engine rebuild for me. Any suggestions on how I should approach this. The truck has 223,000 miles on it, so I am going to completely rebuild it.

Ok, got the worst news possible. The truck has a burnt valve over cylinder 6, which now has no compression. Looks like an engine rebuild for me. Any suggestions on how I should approach this. The truck has 223,000 miles on it, so I am going to completely rebuild it.

Bad luck dude.. But nows the chance to build it up how you really want it. Just depends on your budget and how fast you want your truck back on the road.

Sorry to hear about your tough luck. Hope you find a $2,000.00 solution. Best luck.

I think you got your money's worth 223k? Good lord that is a lot of miles......