Aldofashow Again

Wanna RACE!!!! LOL.... I love my SRX I wish it had a longer track and reverse though... They do make a track and tunnel extension that will make her 142" for about $800 track included... I have done everything I can to this engine besides a big bore kit and a professional port and polish... Top end build, V-force reeds, stinger silencer, Primary and secondary clutching, Air box mod... I had to loom and reroute the wire for the main harness under the engine because it rubbed through which was common... These dam SRX's are a finicky machines too if you want it to run like top... Every year I try to clean the power valves and reset them... I have already replaced them all once due to wear and cables fraying errr.. Kind of a love hate relationship.... When it is running at its top not many sleds can touch it even the newer ones...

Just added my wifes sled pic too, Its a beautiful sled with chameleon graphics that change colors as you walk around it and loaded with a bunch of chrome LOL... It was pretty so that's why she wanted it even though it is a bit to much for her power wise lol... It is a MXZ 700 Millennium Edition 464 of 500...

post-14790-0-63935400-1425110622_thumb.jpg

post-14790-0-32951500-1425111950_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

You guys are making me think that it might not be terrible to live where it snows. :D

It has its perks and things to do like ice drinking I mean fishing LOL... And a snowmobile, just think of crotch rocket acceleration on snow, but 100X more stability and handling or if you like deep powder carving where you step off and go armpit deep in snow... They are a blast and cost about the same as a crotch rocket new...

I have an Uncle who hunts Coyotes from his sleds. Part of me wants to go out and visit him in the winter but I spent 14 years in South Florida and just can't stand the cold anymore.

I am sure that the sleds are a blast and I have heard how fast they can be. Stay safe out there. Watch out for those barbed wire fences.

Wanna RACE!!!! LOL.... I love my SRX I wish it had a longer track and reverse though... They do make a track and tunnel extension that will make her 142" for about $800 track included... I have done everything I can to this engine besides a big bore kit and a professional port and polish... Top end build, V-force reeds, stinger silencer, Primary and secondary clutching, Air box mod... I had to loom and reroute the wire for the main harness under the engine because it rubbed through which was common... These dam SRX's are a finicky machines too if you want it to run like top... Every year I try to clean the power valves and reset them... I have already replaced them all once due to wear and cables fraying errr.. Kind of a love hate relationship.... When it is running at its top not many sleds can touch it even the newer ones...

Just added my wifes sled pic too, Its a beautiful sled with chameleon graphics that change colors as you walk around it and loaded with a bunch of chrome LOL... It was pretty so that's why she wanted it even though it is a bit to much for her power wise lol... It is a MXZ 700 Millennium Edition 464 of 500...

finishing putting her back together today and yes everything you said.

last year I blew by my friends polaris fusion 900 on a lake in rangley maine his mouth dropped I'm 40lbs heavier then him 10 mins later we got back to the house and he was flipping out the original owner of my srx says what's up he replys that 700 just passed that 900 how's that possible and mind you I was breaking down all day due to my pipes heating up a clip and melting through the harness and it would work if I swapped out that white plug on the left side for a half hour then die out it took 1/2 the day and this was a 150 mile day before I found that if I pulled the white plug out and run without it ran flawless so when I'm passing him it's with no lights so all he got was a shot of the ass end without headlight warning he said he was going 110 when I passed him my speedo wasn't working at the time

It's gonna be pretty fast I got a bender racing crank for a viper 700 1 1/2 lbs less then an srx crank and its welded and trued for straightness got a new oil pump replaced all the seals and bearing for the water/oil pump shaft and had to get 1 cylinder cause when the lower connecting rod bearing went on the clutch side it took the piston and cylinder with it so all 3 will get honed and a set of wiseco thermal coated Pistons also got all new cables for oil pump and throttle it's coming along mint I'll take some pics today when it's done it's not the prettiest but it's a great sleeper for those that don't know about sleds I just tellem ITS JUST AN OLD SNOWMOBILE

finishing putting her back together today and yes everything you said.

last year I blew by my friends polaris fusion 900 on a lake in rangley maine his mouth dropped I'm 40lbs heavier then him 10 mins later we got back to the house and he was flipping out the original owner of my srx says what's up he replys that 700 just passed that 900 how's that possible and mind you I was breaking down all day due to my pipes heating up a clip and melting through the harness and it would work if I swapped out that white plug on the left side for a half hour then die out it took 1/2 the day and this was a 150 mile day before I found that if I pulled the white plug out and run without it ran flawless so when I'm passing him it's with no lights so all he got was a shot of the ass end without headlight warning he said he was going 110 when I passed him my speedo wasn't working at the time

It's gonna be pretty fast I got a bender racing crank for a viper 700 1 1/2 lbs less then an srx crank and its welded and trued for straightness got a new oil pump replaced all the seals and bearing for the water/oil pump shaft and had to get 1 cylinder cause when the lower connecting rod bearing went on the clutch side it took the piston and cylinder with it so all 3 will get honed and a set of wiseco thermal coated Pistons also got all new cables for oil pump and throttle it's coming along mint I'll take some pics today when it's done it's not the prettiest but it's a great sleeper for those that don't know about sleds I just tellem ITS JUST AN OLD SNOWMOBILE

It is getting to be a old snowmobile but that hood and triple pipes make it look mean still, but people still think its old and fail to realize that these SRX's were the fastest production sleds of their time and only the Thundercat 1000 could touch them and only at top speeds... I heard these SRX's had crank problems but I haven't had any problems yet after 6200miles... I am not sure if the original owner had it replaced when they had the recall or not... I know I haven't been easy on her and did the top end build with the same Weisco pistons you mentioned at around 5,000 miles... I think she is getting worn a little sounds like a sewing machine if you listen closely at idle... bearings are all nicely worn in LOL... I don't have my sled clutched to go that fast... I hit 105-110mph max or at least that is what my speedo says, But I can hit 99.8MPH in 1000ft with studs short track and slipping the whole way at the radar runs....

When there running right they rip hard I didn't finish today still have to go through the power valves and I got some exhaust wrap to wrap the pipes before they go back in lost day light never enough time in the day

When there running right they rip hard I didn't finish today still have to go through the power valves and I got some exhaust wrap to wrap the pipes before they go back in lost day light never enough time in the day

What are you running for pipes? I heard the stock ones flow very well and that aftermarket ones were a negligible change... I am running the hauck race loud growler or stinger or whatever its called 3 in 3 out for a silencer and love it besides drilling two extra holes for the exhaust to exit... lol... Also have you ever found out how to stop the oil from leaking around the power valves where the cable meets the housing... I have changed O-rings and gaskets multiple times and after a season of riding they start leaking mostly on the mag side spiting onto my exhaust pipe... I have just given up and made it my routine preseason fix just like cleaning the carbon off of the valves haha...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)