Kooks LT's

A_FUrious

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem identical to ARH's. The discount wasn't insane but it was about 150 less then what ARH quoted me. Anyone interested should definitely call. I was pleasantly surprised vs what Ebay/summit sells it for.

Please keep us posted on how it turns out I have the last Corsa touring exhaust known to man and Iam waiting to buy headers to do it all at once I've had the whole Corsa exhaust brand new in the box in my basement for two years and it is time for me to shit or get off the pot!!!!!!

Haha! Nice, Will do! I just picked up 4 new O2 sensors from Mike I think the cold prevents me from trying to knock it out outside. I definitely have ants in my pants about puttin them on. I'll take lots of pics when the Sh*% goes down.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

7E32EF3A-EBBE-4FAA-9C0F-6B8841D7003B_zps

Well headers are installed!! They sound fréakin awesome. I won't say it wasn't painful. I had a broken header bolt. The awesome one on the driver's side up against the firewall. Oh and it couldn't have just broke the head. The bolt was busted beyond the surface of the head. 2hrs of surgery and we called it quits. There is no tool in our arsenal to extract this F'r.. Heads will have to be pulled. But that is for a later date.

The LT's went in sweet! Good clearence except for one plug wire it would have rested on the header. Drivers side second exhaust pipe.

6827A9FB-B2E6-45ED-AB26-B72A016CA9EF_zps

49EB2B7D-70EE-4C3C-AA56-B7D38653A002_zps

The reason I will NEVER recommend KooKs is the Mid pipe was waaaay off. They weld them together and the flange at the "Y" didn't line up at all. It needed a 3/4" clockwise turn. So the weld had to be cut. There should be no reason AT ALL that I should be cutting expensive mid pipes to fit.

99F2A86D-BE01-4596-9D8A-1CEFDBE08195_zps

So anyone thinking on dropping money on headers. Go with ARH.. For the "Deal" I got it wasn't worth the time I needed to modify the mids to get em to fit.

After all is said, they did fit nicely, and sound mean as hell. Crappy weather so I haven't really opened it up..

I'll upload some pics in the near future. Mike thank you, thank you, thank you!! I would have been screwed with out your help.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

No problem at all I'm glad it's done that's what friends are for

I was very disappointed in kooks for the price they sell them they should be spot on. Also she sounds great so we all expect a sound clip ?

I had slight fitment issues with ARH, the slip fit joint wasn't slip fit at all. The ARH piece was about 0.015 thousandths too big. Not a big deal just die grinder and flap wheel.

You're right though, no way they should be off that far for the money you spent! They do look really good though!

Those Kooks look really nice, I'm really curious to hear how the Corsa Touring sounds vs. the Sport (which I have). Also, before you pull the cylinder head, try welding that broken manifold bolt first (if you haven't tried that method already, that is). Clean up the broken bolt as best you can, weld a nub onto the bolt, weld a nut onto the nub, and work the bolt back and forth gently to remove it. It may take a few tries, but it beats the hell out of removing a cylinder head just for one broken bolt.

It seems to me most brands of long tubes have installation issues, my ARH's fought me tooth and nail every step of the way, I wanted to put a stick of dynamite in each of my Corsa tips and push the truck off of a cliff during the install. The headers themselves fit beautifully, after that it was all downhill. Both slip connectors on the driver side exhaust pipe had poor fitment, a tubing expander was required for good fitment and adjustability.. an inch of pipe also needed to be trimmed from the rear slip connector inside pipe for proper fitment. It also seemed that the ARH collectors were probably 2-3 inches longer than the OEM ones, pushing the previously installed Corsa Sport towards the rear of the truck. The rubber hangers were a chore to fit properly afterwards, I ended up trimming a couple inches of pipe right before the muffler so the rubber hangers lined up properly again.

That being said, I love my ARH's. Lol