SS roll pans anyone looking for one?

dkkustoms

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the one I got was junk and until I see one in person that looks oem then that's the taste that was left in my mouth oem slide right on and the tailgate mounting holes lined up unlike the fiberglass iss that left the holes showing under the wing about an inch off of the holes in the wing and the guy making them is the worst to deal with it wasn't even a guy he was a young kid that lies through his teeth.

I payed 175 for the fiberglass one and payed 275 for the oem unpainted extra 100 well spent

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I work with epoxy and fiberglass every day. I doubt the strength of an unreinforced steel to epoxy to glass bond. I would use epoxy but also glass in the bolt heads to the roll pan glass. (Using epoxy for the whole project).

You shopping for a body upgrade, Alex? It would look sharp as all get out.

Ya I would like to have this done. Be nice to have the part for when I am ready to do it.

the one I got was junk and until I see one in person that looks oem then that's the taste that was left in my mouth oem slide right on and the tailgate mounting holes lined up unlike the fiberglass iss that left the holes showing under the wing about an inch off of the holes in the wing and the guy making them is the worst to deal with it wasn't even a guy he was a young kid that lies through his teeth.

I payed 175 for the fiberglass one and payed 275 for the oem unpainted extra 100 well spent

Ive seen several in person that look as good as oem. One is on my buddy Harleys truck. Its flawless. You just have to know what you're doing when you install it...

Now back on topic...

Ive seen several in person that look as good as oem. One is on my buddy Harleys truck. Its flawless. You just have to know what you're doing when you install it...

Now back on topic...

To funny so now there's a special way to drop a spoiler on a tailgate and bolt it on if the holes don't line up it don't work genius I didn't have one problem with my oem one so its not operator error and I don't know who your friend got his from but the kid I got got mine from sucks at making them

I'm sure there are people that can make these but the Texas kid I got mine from cant blaming the climate for it not fitting and lieing through his teeth and using a fake name for his profile on here I'm Al and have been since I came on here my experience with the fiberglass wing was bad and every body shop I talked to said to send it back and get my money back claiming it was made wrong and the maker of these refused to give me a refund then I got sour and pissed off and put him on blast before more members got robbed

A template isn't gonna work. Everyones cladding is different, hence the debate on whether to sell with studs attached or not.

Epoxy would work great. Much better than wood screws :lol: Epoxy would be the way to go with ISS wing corners as well. If I recall, the "reproduction" ISS fiberglass wings come with these tacky angle brackets for the corner pieces that are just waiting to fall off.The 2500psi+ epoxy is like what holds your windshield in. It isn't going anywhere.

True enough, with the windshield scenario. The trouble with the bolts is that there is little for the epoxy to get a

"bight" on considering the limited surface area that the bonding agent has to contact. (The perimeter of a windshield offers much more surface area).

Even "scuffing up" the surface of the bolt that the epoxy will contact only gives you a mechanical bond. The loads that the roll pan will offer the mounting bolts will demand a more secure attachment. You will have better success, long term, if you secure the bolts with reinforcing glass around the heads iof the bolts.

Just want one person to buy it n mount it with minimal issue n I'm all over this. And what I'm gathering here is just put a few pieces of f'glass over the stud base and goo it all up with epoxy and its golden. What is an average cost to paint a roll pan?

[email protected]. Don't send it as a gift please. Sorry about the no response. I've been working nights and must have missed your pm.

No problem. I know all about that over night crap. I sent you the payment. What is the expected time frame to get this?