Second Heat Exchanger?

Before I plumb in my new Ice Box, I've been considering a second heat exchanger for a couple of reasons:

1. Is the obvious - to keep IAT's lower

2. Current exchanger is the one provided from Magnuson that is in and out on the same side. Since my IB is now on the passenger side of the vehicle, it would be a shorter plumbing run and would look better under the hood IMO if I were to add a second one that would mount just behind the bumper grill that was in on Drivers' side and out on Pass. side.

HeatExchangermounted.jpg

heatexchangerplumbing.jpg

Any thought, suggestions, opinions or even actual part numbers are appreciated. Thanks bros!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Sounds like a good idea would you need to add another pump to go with it though

Not true.

Before I plumb in my new Ice Box, I've been considering a second heat exchanger for a couple of reasons:

1. Is the obvious - to keep IAT's lower

2. Current exchanger is the one provided from Magnuson that is in and out on the same side. Since my IB is now on the passenger side of the vehicle, it would be a shorter plumbing run and would look better under the hood IMO if I were to add a second one that would mount just behind the bumper grill that was in on Drivers' side and out on Pass. side.

HeatExchangermounted.jpg

heatexchangerplumbing.jpg

Any thought, suggestions, opinions or even actual part numbers are appreciated. Thanks bros!

My MP112 set up had dual heat exchangers. One mounted up front behind the grille, and the other behind the bumper. Just plumb them in series of one another. Pass through one, then the other, then back. I'll post some crappy pics of my old set up in a few mins... Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Heres the first H/E

image_zpsajniwqnc.jpg

The second is on a bracket below it, angled slightly so it catches all the air from the bumper vent

image_zpstwj8leov.jpg

image_zpsattoavdj.jpg

And just plumb the hose from the icebox to pump, then to the blower, then into H/E 1, out of H/E1 and into H/E2, then out of H/E2 back to icebox.... BUT, IMO, itd be much less hassle, and much cleaner up front to get a single badass H/E, rather than two mediocre ones...

Heres the new one..

image_zpstmdli1hw.jpg

image_zps0oqcm2mh.jpg

Its going to work as good, if not better than 2 of the stock style H/Es. I believe they were advertising this as a triple chambered H/E. This, with 2 8" E-fans, should definitely do the trick. Plus, with adding a 40k trans cooler, ill need all the room up front I can get. Much easier to run this than take up all that room w/ 2 heat exchangers.. But idk. Just my opinion.

Didn't think I was at school

Well, no. You're not. But maybe you should go back. They'll show you how to use correct punctuation and sentence structure so that others know when you are making a statement or asking a question.. I didn't mean to start a pissing match.. I thought you were making a false statement and wanted to clarify that it was not true. Quit being so quick to snap back and start an argument right away.

That is one badass heat exchanger Brandon! I thought about swapping out the stock one with something like yours but I'm not sure if I'll have the room with my trans cooler. Here's how I have mine set up with the trans cooler

TransCoolerheatexchanger.jpg

You guys and your fancy heat exchangers! Very nice setups, the dual setup seems like the way to go or Brandon's setup lol. This is my beat up one got some damage when it was shipped up here.

20140617_181026_crop_zps5af61226.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Yeah. I got a nice mount from justin for my 40k. It was from a group buy years ago. It bolts to where the tow hooks would go and holds it right behind the bumper. I gotta mock it all up yet and see if it fits. Justin also had some 10" fans laying around I really wish would have worked, but they are a bit too tall for the fluidyne. Guess I could put them on the 40k, but would probably be overkill. Yeah randy. If you're concerned about the width of a bigger cooler, you could run a second one behind the bumper.. It works. Just gotta get creative with it. I can get better pics of my mounts when I take them off if you want. I'm giving them to Harley for his 112 set up. I have so much I could be doing right now. haha lots of new parts showed up this morning, but I'm being lazy. I'll be in the shop all day tomorrow though. I'll take some pics for my build thread. Haven't updated it in months.

Very nice heat exchanger. :cheers:

Thanks Eddie! :cheers:

You guys and your fancy heat exchangers! Very nice setups, the dual setup seems like the way to go or Brandon's setup lol. This is my beat up one got some damage when it was shipped up here.

20140617_181026_crop_zps5af61226.jpg

Sup Matt! Haven't heard from you in a bit! Can't wait to cruise this summer! Gonna try to make the Kool Cruise in may. Justin's truck should be done as well. And Harley's looks awesome. So jealous. Lol. All his fresh paint... Lucky

Yeah. I got a nice mount from justin for my 40k. It was from a group buy years ago. It bolts to where the tow hooks would go and holds it right behind the bumper. I gotta mock it all up yet and see if it fits. Justin also had some 10" fans laying around I really wish would have worked, but they are a bit too tall for the fluidyne. Guess I could put them on the 40k, but would probably be overkill. Yeah randy. If you're concerned about the width of a bigger cooler, you could run a second one behind the bumper.. It works. Just gotta get creative with it. I can get better pics of my mounts when I take them off if you want. I'm giving them to Harley for his 112 set up. I have so much I could be doing right now. haha lots of new parts showed up this morning, but I'm being lazy. I'll be in the shop all day tomorrow though. I'll take some pics for my build thread. Haven't updated it in months. Thanks Eddie! :cheers:

Sup Matt! Haven't heard from you in a bit! Can't wait to cruise this summer! Gonna try to make the Kool Cruise in may. Justin's truck should be done as well. And Harley's looks awesome. So jealous. Lol. All his fresh paint... Lucky

Yeah, I think it would be a lot less work to just keep everything where it is on mine and add another down below - I'll look into maybe a 6 or 8" high smaller Fluidyne...gotta get it up in the air to see what'll fit

Somehow I remember you saying you were going to try and be ready for the Kool Cruise LAST YEAR, lol, It's time to crack the whip on your ass so you'll get that baby done smile.png I know there are a bunch of people who can't wait to see what she'll do, myself included!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Yeah. I got a nice mount from justin for my 40k. It was from a group buy years ago. It bolts to where the tow hooks would go and holds it right behind the bumper. I gotta mock it all up yet and see if it fits. Justin also had some 10" fans laying around I really wish would have worked, but they are a bit too tall for the fluidyne. Guess I could put them on the 40k, but would probably be overkill. Yeah randy. If you're concerned about the width of a bigger cooler, you could run a second one behind the bumper.. It works. Just gotta get creative with it. I can get better pics of my mounts when I take them off if you want. I'm giving them to Harley for his 112 set up. I have so much I could be doing right now. haha lots of new parts showed up this morning, but I'm being lazy. I'll be in the shop all day tomorrow though. I'll take some pics for my build thread. Haven't updated it in months. Thanks Eddie! :cheers:

Hey Brandon, yeah it's been a while! That would be sweet to cruise this summer, don't drop the ball this year get that thing done! Can't wait to see both your trucks finished. I've been seeing his pics of it on instagram, looks sharp.

Yeah, I think it would be a lot less work to just keep everything where it is on mine and add another down below - I'll look into maybe a 6 or 8" high smaller Fluidyne...gotta get it up in the air to see what'll fit

Somehow I remember you saying you were going to try and be ready for the Kool Cruise LAST YEAR, lol, It's time to crack the whip on your ass so you'll get that baby done smile.png I know there are a bunch of people who can't wait to see what she'll do, myself included!

X2

:crackup:

You remember correctly. I know. I suck... I've been letting it collect dust. I'll bring tools home from work every weekend, and maybe wrench for an hour or two. It's pathetic. I've got all these parts stacked up and I'm not getting much done. BUT, I'm dedicating tomorrow to my truck, and nothing's gonna stop me. :cool: