Sign in to follow this  
Mr.RNR

4L80E AWD

Which of this two is the best option? input shaft for t-case or output shaft from 4l80e?post-24529-0-96658600-1422339628_thumb.jpgpost-24529-0-14370400-1422339781_thumb.jpg

Input shaft for t-case. The input shaft method installs a bigger, thicker piece made to fit the bigger tail shaft of the 80e. The 80e output shaft method is a turned down shaft to fit into the smaller 65e t-case input, and this "theoretically" is more prone to brake. I'd rather build the t case up to fit the 80, then turn the 80 down to fit the t case.... If that makes sense.

Edited by MID12sSSS

Input shaft for t-case. The input shaft method installs a bigger, thicker piece made to fit the bigger tail shaft of the 80e. The 80e output shaft method is a turned down shaft to fit into the smaller 65e t-case input, and this "theoretically" is moe prone to brake. I'd rather build the t case up to fit the 80, then turn the 80 down to fit the t case.... If that makes sense.

This^^^^

I'm the guy that makes the input shafts for the t-case.

I've had guys running over 1600hp thru these, and have NEVER had a single failure.

Ask around about turning down the output shaft, you'll find several failures pretty quickly with much less HP.

I've had guys running over 1600hp thru these, and have NEVER had a single failure.

Ask around about turning down the output shaft, you'll find several failures pretty quickly with much less HP.

How can i order one of those inputs shafts off of you? Im doing a 80 swap now and im trying to get everything together

Input shaft for t-case. The input shaft method installs a bigger, thicker piece made to fit the bigger tail shaft of the 80e. The 80e output shaft method is a turned down shaft to fit into the smaller 65e t-case input, and this "theoretically" is more prone to brake. I'd rather build the t case up to fit the 80, then turn the 80 down to fit the t case.... If that makes sense.

yes...that^^^^

Are these input shafts still available? I'm looking into doing a swap out and upgrade to the 4L80.