new silverado

Pretty sure it will be 5.3. Gmc has a couple nice trucks like the Terrian and carbon fiber edition but no 6.2. The 6.2 is a beast. Mine only has 300 miles on it and I want to open it up so bad :( personally I wouldn't get a new truck unless it had a 6.2 what a couple extra bucks for 65 more HP

Nice but im not that impressed, I still like the ss better than the new ones. I wonder whats so hard to come up with a new sport truck..

Not enough people will buy it is the whole problem. No market. Most people get the 5.3 instead of the 6.2 which is only a 1995$ option so that shows you right there. Gotta make your own these days.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

I think its a pretty nice looking truck. Much better looking than the regular Silverado's. No it most likely wont have a 6.2. Unless this is just an option package you can add to a fully loaded LTZ with the 6.2. But it looks like it will be a special edition package so it will come one way and one way only. With a sticker price of just $40K im going to say that it will be pretty mid-range ie the LT package. Seeing is how an Double Cab LTZ (the only way you can currently get the 6.2) starts at $43k im certain it wont have the 6.2.

the thing that is pissing me off the most about GM is there inability to offer options. You have to buy packages. If you want the 6.2 you have to get the LTZ or High Country will all the options that come with it. A 4x4 Crew Cab 6.5 box LTZ with the 6.2 is $49K (not including any discounts). What if dont want leather, and the cheap ass wood grain, or many of the other features the LTZ has?

I could go down right now a buy a bare bones XL F150 CC with the 3.5L ecoboost for under $38K same case with Dodge. But if I want the engine I want, I will have to pay for feature I dont want if I go GM.

Just pisses me off.

I agree, there is a market for an SS. GM sold a decent number of our SS's so why not.

They have everything they need to make and SS, but they wont do it. They do not have the balls. Instead they will just shove higher end packages down our throats like the Denali and High Country so they can make more money. Force you to buy the most expensive vehicles to get the engine you want, to spend $50k +

Now I have more hopes that they may build a high performance Colorado. I think a Crew Cab Colorado with the 5.3L would be a pretty awesome replacement for and SS.

I personally am very interested in a new Colorado. They are not that much smaller that a Silverado, Still are plenty capable, have room for kids in the back, and are a hell of a lot less expensive. A fully loaded Z71 4x4 is only about $37K.

I cant wait till the diesel comes out: 2.8L 4Cyl with 369 ft/lbs of torque (more than my HD with the 6.0) and low 30's MPG's. Sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

They have everything they need to make and SS, but they wont do it. They do not have the balls. Instead they will just shove higher end packages down our throats like the Denali and High Country so they can make more money. Force you to buy the most expensive vehicles to get the engine you want, to spend $50k +

Now I have more hopes that they may build a high performance Colorado. I think a Crew Cab Colora

I personally am very interested in a new Colorado. They are not that much smaller that a Silverado, Still are plenty capable, have room for kids in the back, and are a hell of a lot less expensive. A fully loaded Z71 4x4 is only about

I agree, there is a market for an SS. GM sold a decent number of our SS's so why not.

Now I have more hopes that they may build a high performance Colorado. I think a Crew Cab Colorado with the 5.3L would be a pretty awesome replacement for and SS.

I personally am very interested in a new Colorado. They are not that much smaller that a Silverado, Still are plenty capable, have room for kids in the back, and are a hell of a lot less expensive. A fully loaded Z71 4x4 is only about $37K.

I cant wait till the diesel comes out: 2.8L 4Cyl with 369 ft/lbs of torque (more than my HD with the 6.0) and low 30's MPG's. Sounds good to me.

Wasn't the SS the top (most expensive) trim in it's day with the only option being the color? I thought they all came fully loaded until half way through 05 when they went to two wheel drive.

Wasn't the SS the top (most expensive) trim in it's day with the only option being the color? I thought they all came fully loaded until half way through 05 when they went to two wheel drive.

Yes and no. The SS when it did come out in 03-04 it was fully loaded (with everything that was offered at that time). Then in 05 they started offering the SS in more affordable packages with options. My SS had AWD but it did not have the auto HVAC and the steering wheel controls or the sunroof which became an option in 05.

It is understandable if chevy was to sell a newer SS that it is a fully loaded package, but still my complaint is about how they only offer certain engines and certain options in certain trim packages. If you want a 5.3 you have to at least get an LT. If you want the 6.2 you have to get at least the LTZ. Compared to Ford or Dodge who allow you to add their best engines to lower level packages. And it's. It just engine choices, it's the same with many options as well. To get a sunroof you have to get and LTZ or high country but ford offers a sunroof in their XLT package which is mid range.

• 4 months later...

Have seen them but I don't care for Blacked out trucks or cars. You I know do like that kinda look by the way the SS looks. The 6.2 is a freaking Beast I can say that. The new trucks are really nice inside and out.