You know it's a good day when...

XGMTech

...you get home and there's a big box from Jeg's by your front door! :D

Today, it had my new chrome K&N 77 intake in it! Fit and finish of this intake is great... went on really easy. EXCEPT for one incorrectly tapped hole in one of the parts - one of the screws that attaches the MAF sensor to it broke off. :mad: But the MAF sealed up pretty tight to it, so I think it will be OK until I can have them send me a replacement. I'm not letting this one small setback get me down about this product though - I'm really pleased with how it looks, and sounds! The truck really growls when you get on it! I can definitely feel a HP gain. K&N doesn't really publish HP figures, but I'm guessing around 10-15 hp probably. :driving:

I know someone is going to say "PICS! PICS!", so be patient, I'll take a pic this weekend! :P

Glad to hear your happy with the 77 kit. I had mine on for about a day and a half and I sent it back for a refund. I was really disappointed b/c up untill this one I had been a die hard supporter or K&N, but the 77 was a big letdown IMO... I'm much happier w/ the Volant. I will definitely replace the volant filter w/ the K&N equivalent when the time comes. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here are the pics, sorry for the delay. There's also a little bit of engine dress-up goin' on in there. All hoses (except A/C) are covered w/ red anodized ends, the engine covers are painted black, and all wiring is covered with chrome split loom. By the way, K&N sent me a replacement part for the intake in just a couple of days (see the first post of this thread).

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

Archived