factory alarm not working

ric

Well I've been having my truck for 3 years now and ever since I got it I've never had the factory alarm working I always press the lock/unlock button before I leave and open it with the key. Anyways I got tired of it and wanna get that fixed, I changed the battery on the remote with no luck and followed some steps on the manual and nothing, idk what it could be. If the remote is bad how can I get a new one and program it to work. Just thought I checked here before I go to the dealer and get robbed. Btw an aftermarket alarm is not on my list at the moment so that'll have to get scratched out for now unless I have too. Thanks

Its very simple to do , If you think your remote is bad, Go to the local parts store, They have a litlle tester there , Heres the link to reprogram the remotes, Takes about a minute

That was fast and easy.... Good to know just incase thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Its very simple to do , If you think your remote is bad, Go to the local parts store, They have a litlle tester there , Heres the link to reprogram the remotes, Takes about a minute

Thanks man, I tried it out when you posted this and no luck, I guess I have a bad remote. The truck does honk in the process but doesnt do anything when I hold down the buttons on the remote. Ill get a new remote and try again.