RFA Battery Low Message Reset

levilz

I searched for this here, bud didn't see it anywhere. Just figured I would ad it incase someone else is having trouble resetting their low key fob battery warning...

1.) Close all vehicle doors.

2.) Insert the key into the ignition and turn to the lock cylinder position.

3.) Press and hold the door unlock button.

4.) While holding the door unlock button down, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.

5.) Release the door unlock button. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.

6.) Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on one transmitter. After about 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of the transmitter.

7.) Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.

8.) Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.

9.) Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct operation.

I also read where someone said they also had to open and close the doors with the truck running too. I didn't have to do that, but you may want to keep it in mind incase you do the 9 steps and it still comes up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Alan. And I'm really missing the track right now. I pushed the car till it finally let go at about 150k this past summer. Not bad at all considering how hard I beat on the poor thing. I'm building a 5.3 for it right now. Just going to build it solid and drive it for a while, then slap a turbo on later.