SSS mp112

My truck ran really slow (14.68 @ 91 mph), but is mostly stock including the entire exhaust and the engine has 175k. IAT's were in the 145 degree range from being parked in the pits and heatsoaking, also running a 3.2" pulley with underdriven rear pulleys so the boost is low and afr was rich (10.8) under WOT for this run. This winter I dialed it in some more or so it seems and it feels faster now AFR's are around 11.2-11.6 under WOT.

Here's the slow video run:

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Wow no offense but something is not right if you are only running a 14.68@91. I ran a 14.86 @91 in my SS with a 135k on the clock. Mine only has a k&n drop in and a muffler....

No offense taken, it was really slow!! I would imagine it should run roughly in the 13's

Yea 14.68 with a Maggie is a joke IMO... Either you are running in extreme temps at extreme altitudes or something is not right... The SS runs from 14.8-16.2 Stock and generally mid 13's to low 14's with a Maggie and a tune... Don't jump all over me if any of this is a little off but generally you cant argue the math... Look at it in comparison to the 2002 ford lightning 5.4L 380/450ftlbsTq which runs 13.8 stock and a curb weight of 4670 which is not much lighter than the SSS 345/380Tq at 5298lbs... They say for every 100lbs you lose .05 to .1 in a quarter... The two trucks are 628lbs difference which calculates to about .6 slower the SS due to weight at the extreme side... Now with the horsepower difference the SS wins when you add a blower to the larger displacement motor which maganacharger claims 120hp bolt on instant TQ and HP with tune..The new specs with the Blown SSS and Lightning are...

Supercharged SSS - 465hp/500TQ curb weight up a little due to the heavier blower roughly 50lbs at 5348lbs .087hp per lbs TQ=.093 per lb

2002 Lightning- 380hp/450TQ weight 4670 difference of 678lbs .081hp per lbs TQ= .096 per lb

Overall Analysis- is that Both vehicles would be very similar if the SSS was blown from the factory with a Maggie and with the power to weight producing slightly more HP but slightly less TQ they both would run respectively run the same... I'd side with the SS in the AWD format due to the better take off and theoretically faster by .1-.2 in the quarter as a result of no loss in traction if both vehicles ran stock tires.... With proper slicks on the lightning then I'd say both the same... Now do some weight reduction on the SS and you got a clear winner with more HP and more TQ... Finally over all 1/4 ETA for both the lightning and Supercharged SSS at 1000-2000 Elevation should be 13.7 SSS to 13.8 Lightning on stock tires...

Little more info that I came up when I built my truck with that may help someone in the future and some rough pricing info broken down into my personal stages for my truck build prices don't include labor as I did almost all the work myself Id also recommend that if you use quality parts and do your research before buying stuff and by no means does this make my build better than anyone elses but I tried to stay as cheap but as reliable as possible something's just cant be cheapen out on...( I myself made a few mistakes along the way like falling prey to the TB spacer claims) LOL... Also I did all my upgrades for two reasons #1 to go faster and #2 to help the truck survive the beatings so IMO some of the parts are a must at certain stages such as the Transmission work in Stage 2 or you will be stranded not a matter of IF but when-

2005 Stage 1 upgrades- Cheapest stage Total $1400- Dual Exhaust Custom built $500, headers $400, CAI $250, Tune $250.... I'd comfortably say the SSS would run around 14.4-14.6 on a cool day 1000-2000' elevation...

2007 Stage 2- Total $2750- Electric fans $100, Cam and accessories to support cam $600, Transmission build Stall at 3000-3400, shift kits, servos, hardened internals $1400, and retune ( I did have my heads milled down a little and ports cleaned up of all the casting to bump the compression to 10:5-1) only ran me about $50.... I did also do 4:56 ratio change for the front and rear for a better stop light to stop light race cost about $600 but not necessary as they are a pain to do but well worth it if you like hearing AWD tires break loose LOL... Estimated 1/4 13.1-13.5

2008-2009 Stage 3- The BEST STAGE- Total $5750- MP112 with 2.8" pulley $4250 new, Meth injection to bring IAT's down especially needed if going lower than a 3.0 pulley $250, Larger intercooler reservoir $150, cooler plugs NGK BR6's while I was in there I went with 8.2mm thundervolt wires $50, Smaller pulley and slightly built motor I went with no MAF and 2 Bar tune $100 with a 90mm TB converting MP112 J-tube to fit the 4 bolt 90MM $150 plus x-link $250. And 60lbs injectors at $450 plus adapters $100... 12-12.5 in the 1/4 depending on temp and humidity...

2014-2015 Stage 4- IN PROGRESS- Total $1500- NX Express Nitrous 75-100shot used kit with purge, WOT switch, and window switch $650... Stand alone fuel cell and pump $350 opened but unused... Intake spacer plate injection through Rays new Nitrous port RDS $500...

Hoping for 11.1-11.8 in the 1/4... Grand Total $11400 and this doesn't include fluid and other small changes and parts like relays and gauges and buying my own tuning software and such... I'd probably say I have about $13000 total in parts and probably double that price if I didn't do the labor for most of it myself...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I would be pissed to charge it and run 14s

Exactly I've been driving it for months now no codes but I've known something was not quite right. Finally today it came up with bank 1 and 2 lean... So it sounds like I must have a pretty big vacuum leak or a hose cracked. I'm assuming this is why it ran so slow. I've been so busy I never had a chance to dig into it after that run. Now that I have codes, I am going to pull it into the garage and take a look at all my hoses, intake tube adjustment, take off the TB and check the gasket and try to find out what the problem is.

I throw the same code every once in awhile. I've looked all over can't hear or see anything. It runs super strong for the mods I have. I'm pretty sure it has a low 13 in it. Your air is also different than ours here in the states.